Ann Arbor Templetonians Message Board › Questions from the first 3 chapters

Questions from the first 3 chapters

Thomas Michael F.
user 3592234
Group Organizer
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 5
Greetings Templetonians,
I am looking forward to our meeting on Monday. I have made it through the first 30 pages and plan to tackle another 20 this weekend. Some questions from the first three chapters that we can explore (and our personal experiences related to these questions) are: What is the ‘quality’ of beauty? Is truth illustrated beauty? How do we respond to truth? Do we need a guide, a guru, in seeking truth? What is intuition, and how does it relate to truth? Are these just spiritual/philosophical questions or can science inform our answers?
Please take some time to contemplate, or meditate on, these questions this weekend. For those of you who can’t make the meeting on Monday feel free to continue this as a discussion thread.

For me, I find the question of 'How do we respond to truth?' the most interesting. Do we respond immediately, or wait awhile? If we wait, what are we waiting for? smile Personally, I have seen in meditation how I missed many truths in my life, i.e I did not respond immediately even though my intuition, gut feeling, 'said' it was true. I have also seen the times I did respond quickly to a newly revealed truth. I can certainly say that the latter is invariably more positive and joyful!