Randall Data Systems, Inc. is seeking a MS SQL & .Net Applications Developer to work in our Plymouth office with a diverse team of sales, training and support personnel related to Point of Sales systems. Develop, test, and deploy quality applications using various conventional and object oriented tools and technologies as well as computer languages and database tools. You will interact with internal and external users to gather requirements and assist in designing and documenting solutions. You will perform unit testing, and evaluate solutions prior to release.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work with internal and external customers to understand business requirements and insure end product meets those requirements.
- Good application development skills using Object Oriented technology or conventional languages in MS SQL (Creation and maintenance of Databases, Tables, Relational Models and SQL queries), .Net, VB environments.
- Developing and deploying Crystal Reports for internal and external customer reporting.
- Work with Project Managers to define development tasks needed for each project to insure on time/within budget.
- Aid sales department in quoting custom application and/or modifications for Point Of Sales software.
- Provide user support on custom developed applications and follow up with management, customers and team members to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Document and/or help team members document user and programmer’s guides on applications developed.
- Assist with developing a strategy on future development platforms, methodology, tools for system development, and product offerings.
- Completely document all application functionality as well as any modifications.
- Train other team members on various technologies used by to develop applications, as required.
- Good knowledge of MS Office relating tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field.
Entry level experience in applications development with Microsoft VB.Net, C#, user controls, and MS SQL.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be well organized, detail-oriented team player with the ability to work within a fast-paced, multi-task environment.
- Experience with Point Of Sales application development is a plus.
- Familiarity with VB.NET as applied to standalone, non-web applications is a plus.
- Knowledge of Visual Studio and MS SQL Server 2008 R2 and Object oriented programming concepts.
Please send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to [address removed]