December 10, 2013 · 6:15 PM
This location is shown only to members
GATHER TIME: 615PM. ( The plan is to give folks time eat food and drink drinks, anti-socially chat a bit. AND THE REAL WORK STARTS PROMPTLY AT 7PM. )
-- EVERY GAME HAS RULES--SO PLAY NICE:
- We a convivial group of serious writers (many of us have been published in various forms).
- Please bring up to 5 pages -- Double Spaced -- to each session of your novel, memoir, short story, screen play. And be prepared to listen closely and critique others' work, intelligently and respectfully. New writers are welcome but please participate.
- Please make at least 8 copies to pass out to attendees so members can write their comments on your work as you read.
- We do have fun and then, after the feast-ifying, we clear the desks and work hard. Please come only if you are willing to both read and critique others' work.
- PLEASE, PLEASE RSVP!!!!!" so others attending will know how many copies of their work to bring and our gracious hosts know how many intruders are showing up
- READERS 'n RESPONDERS WELCOME! Those who love to write and have a story to tell will love this meetup! Come prepared to read your work (5 pages) and have the schmartest, most insightful, and useful responses to offer on your fellow writer's work. So if this sounds like you--come be our Hero! ;-)
- If you cannot make a meeting and have RSVP'd YES, please change your RSVP to NO, as there may be people on the Waiting List who can use your seat at the table!
- Please try to bring enough copies of your work for all members who have RSVP'd YES.
- You can submit as long a piece by email as you want. And those who receive it can read as much or as little as they want. But at the meeting, the number of pages each person can read is determined by the number of folks who show up, divided by available time, square by the orbit of Uranus, allowing for solar drag, of course.( We tend to average 5 typewritten double-spaced 12 pt Times New Roman pages per participant...)
Folks who want to email their work in advance of the meeting (a very schmart idea) can do so.
A SUPER EASY WAY TO SHARE YOUR WORK BEFORE THE MEETINGS BY UPLOADING IT INTO THE CLOUD:
- Go to the Home page of the WORD Meetup Group's site ( http://www.meetup.com...)
- At the blue links for navigation toward the top of the page, choose More
- From the drop-down list choose Files
- Browse to the file you want to upload from your computer and upload it
- Add a description of what you done uploaded: Your Name, Story Title, Date of the Meeting it is For
- Go enjoy the beverage of your choice, be nice to your kids, pet your dog, tell your partner that he/she doesn't look at all fat in the dress he/she is wearing