Dec 19, 2012 · 6:15 PM
This location is shown only to members
- WE ARE SERIOUS WRITERS so please bring your work for honest feedback and your thinking caps for comments on others.
- IT IS OK TO "JUST SHOW UP, MAGICALLY APPEAR!" But it is better to RSVP so others attending will know how many copies of their work to bring.
- WE HAVE A HALF HOUR OR SO of convivial chat, then get down to work.
- READERS 'n RESPONDERS WELCOME! Those who love to write and have a story to tell will love this meetup! Come prepared to read your work (5 pages) and have the schmartest, most insightful, and useful responses to offer on your fellow writer's work. So if this sounds like you--come be our Hero! ;-)
- If you cannot make a meeting and have RSVP'd YES, please change your RSVP to NO, as there may be people on the Waiting List who can use your seat at the table!
- Please try to bring enough copies of your work for all members who have RSVP'd YES.
- You can submit as long a piece by email as you want. And those who receive it can read as much or as little as they want. But at the meeting, the number of pages each person can read is determined by the number of folks who show up, divided by available time, square by the orbit of Uranus, allowing for solar drag, of course.( We tend to average 5 typewritten double-spaced 12 pt Times New Roman pages per participant...)
Folks who want to email their work in advance of the meeting (a very schmart idea) can do so.
A SUPER EASY WAY TO SHARE YOUR WORK BEFORE THE MEETINGS BY UPLOADING IT INTO THE CLOUD:
- Go to the Home page of the WORD Meetup Group's site ( http://www.meetup.com...)
- At the blue links for navigation toward the top of the page, choose More
- From the drop-down list choose Files
- Browse to the file you want to upload from your computer and upload it
- Add a description of what you done uploaded: Your Name, Story Title, Date of the Meeting it is For
- Go enjoy the beverage of your choice, be nice to your kids, pet your dog, tell your partner that he/she doesn't look at all fat in the dress he/she is wearing