ANTI-SOCIAL WRITERS AND CREATIVE MISFITS Message Board › My New Column Is Up at Funny Not Slutty

My New Column Is Up at Funny Not Slutty

A former member
Post #: 5
That 70's Blow

A few weeks ago I was on a Vermont radio talk show promoting my memoir about OCD. I assumed the host’s questions would be related to all the fun that comes along with things like even numbers and licking mailboxes, but two minutes into sharing my online shopping secrets for agoraphobic shut-ins, the host asks me this: “Wouldn’t you agree cocaine abuse is on the rise?”

“I’m sorry?” Did he say cocaine? Like snorting cocaine? Like roller skates/Donna Summer/bow-chicka-bow-wow cocaine?

Maybe I misunderstood my PR manager’s instructions and dialed into the wrong show.

“Um, I’m not really sure about cocaine addiction.” I answered, then tried to figure out how I was going to politely steer the conversation away from 1978 and back toward why Ativan is better than Xanax for panic attacks. “I’ve always been a big fan of Brian De Palma films if that’s what you mean.”

To read my column please go to Funny Not Slutty Dot Com and check out other funny comedy writers
db
ICBWB
San Diego, CA
Post #: 38
You mean, the C in OCD isn't for Cocaine? Oh.