April 20, 2013 · 9:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
The trees are blooming in the valley, and it's time for the blossom festival! Join me for an all day trip to Hood River and the famous Fruit Loop where we will witness the beauty of acres of flowering trees.
The day begins with a scenic drive into the Columbia River Gorge. We then ascend into the Hood River Valley to partake in the festivities happening this weekend. As we drive south to the little town of Parkdale, we'll enjoy breathtaking views of Mount Hood towering over the valley. After lunch, we turn around and head north to complete the loop, this time enjoying a view of Mount Adams in Washington.
Along the way, we'll have the opportunity to stop at any of the following:
- Hood River Lavender Farms' Spring Opening
- Happy Hands Craft and Bake Sale
- Columbia Gorge Fiber Festival
- Apple Valley Country Store's Blossom Festival Dessert Party
- Mt. Hood Winery (Tasting fees included)
- Cascade Alpacas Yarn & Abstract Fiber Trunk Show
- Blossom Craft Show
- Rasmussen Farms Spring and Flower Garden Days
- Naked Winery Tasting Room (Tasting fees included)
- Columbia Gorge Hotel's Art of the Gorge
The end of our loop puts us back in Hood River where we can walk around to enjoy the town and some sight seeing at places I've discovered. If we have time, we may even be able go grab a brewery tour at Full Sail Brewery.
Because this is more of a sightseeing tour, we will not spend too much time walking.
We should be back at Gateway between 6 and 7 pm, but it is always to have the flexibility to add more time to the tour if you see something you enjoy, so leave your evening flexible if possible.
All events start promptly at time indicated. Bring rain gear if it rains.
Cost is $50 per person and includes the costs any wine tastings and transportation. Cost does not include food.