100 Items. 12 hours. Multiple teams. 1 Trophy.
Are you ready to scour the city; put your wits to the test; beg, borrow, and bribe your way to victory?!
Gather your friends, family, and co-workers and take the challenge!
Christmas is over; the gifts have been unwrapped, and those relatives are lingering…its time to get out of the house and finish the year with an amazing adventure. Join us for the End of Year Scavenger Hunt!
This scavenger hunt will be unlike any other. This is an original, local, organized event, created just for you.
We will have 100 unique items to acquire and/or capture on camera, which will test your ability to think outside the box, knowledge of the area, and ability to obtain the improbable .You’ll have 12 short hours to find as many of the items as you can before meeting at the final destination for a final tally to determine the 2013 Scavenger Hunt Champions!
Glory…accomplishment…thrills…and a TROPHY await you. Did I mention the CASH!
That’s right; in addition to the awesome day of adventure, the crazy pictures, and team camaraderie; there will be a cash prize for the winners. All money collected for this event goes to the winners! The more people who play, the bigger the prize!
HOW IT WORKS:
• Teams: You will gather on a team of 4 players and RSVP on this site. They DO NOT have to be members of this meetup group(but its cooler if they join us), they can be your +1, +2, or +3 etc. This event is open to family, groups, and scavenger hunt mercenaries.
If you do not have your own team or just need 1-2 more; that’s ok; we will have other players just like you, and we will offer you an opportunity to make your own team later at the team meeting on 12/21/13.
• The 12 hours: We will start promptly at 10am, and finish promptly at 10pm at Punch Bowl Social, 340 SW Morrison, 3rd floor, Portland Oregon for drinks, food, and prizes(Its like 2 meetups in 1!) You must have a least 1 team member present at the final location, by 10pm, or your team forfeits. All team members must be present before your items will be tallied. You may do whatever you wish during these 12 hours. You can scour and scavenge the city for items, or take a nap; its up to you. Do you have an event to attend but still want to do this? Go ahead and do both! How you play is up to you…how bad do you want to win?
• The List: The list will be given out to each team at 9:30am the day of the event. Start time is still 10am. You will have a short 30 minutes to ask for any clarifications; however, the list will be clear and describe the item or picture as much as it needs to be described. Be creative during your interpretation.(i.e.: “a picture of your team standing next to a pyramid” does not mean that you have to go to Egypt). The list will have 50 physical items, and 50 pictures. All items will be assigned a point value of 1-5 reflecting their difficulty, for a total potential of 300 points..
• List details: All items on the list will fit in a normal vehicle(i.e.: No 12 ft step ladders), be legal to own, and must be present at the final tally by 10pm. All pictures must be clear to the judge. Take multiple pics if you’re unsure. All pictures must include at least 3 members of a 4 person team; (or 2 members of a 3 person team); who are clearly visible. Acceptability of any item or picture is the sole discretion of the tally judge.
BONUS: There will be 5 bonus items to be acquired throughout the day. The location of the item will be provided to each team with a specified time limit to retrieve it. All teams can acquire these items equally. The value of these items will be revealed upon their retrieval. This is optional, but highly recommended.
• Winning: The team with the most points, wins. Winners will be determined same day and announced at the final location. One trophy will be shared by the winning team. The cash prize will be divided among the winners.
Location: This event will start at the Portland REI, 4th floor of the parking garage(its public parking)The event will conclude at a public location downtown, TBD, also near public transportation. All items and pictures can be acquired in the Portland metro area. A private vehicle is not necessary, but highly encouraged.
• Cost? This event is $5 per person. All money will go to the winners. The more people who play, the bigger the prize; so start inviting everyone you know. A team meeting will be scheduled on 12/21/13 prior to the event for a Q/A session, team building, and payments can be made then. Your payment guarantees your participation. I’m organizing this event for you to enjoy, meet new people, and have an amazing time. Buying me drinks at the end of the night is encouraged ;)
Disclaimer: You are participating at your own risk. The organizers and meetup encourage you to act responsibly, obey all applicable laws, and only participate at your own comfort level. Play safe.
If you have any questions, feel free to email me directly, or leave a comment below