Jun 30, 2009 · 7:00 PM
This location is no longer available
*** June 30th meeting to include presentations from Flirtomatic's CEO plus the creator of the betselling "Tube Deluxe"***
Purpose: To bring together developers and publishers of Iphone/smartphone services
Content publishers: this event will introduce you to the programmers who can make your content come alive on the iPhone and other smartphone devices.
Developers: this event will help you showcase your ideas, find interesting work and swap notes with other developers.
It’s hoped that both content and tech folk will gain a better understanding of each other’s needs. Our first few meetings will be in small and informal settings, so much the better to have the one-to-one chats that lead to paid work and finished products all round!
Invited to attend:
- Content publishers – print and online (book publishers, newspaper and magazines publishers, games, web publishers etc)
- Software developers – individuals or agencies
- Phone manufacturers and operators
- Angel investors and VCs
- Associated professional services e.g. SEO and advertising
- Anyone with a commercial or organizational interest in the iPhone and other smartphones
Entrance is free, in the best traditions of Meetup.com and boot-strapping start-ups!
Jason Dunne and Craig Smith have worked in UK print media since the early 90s. Jason is formerly the publisher of the “…For Dummies” series of how-to books; Craig is a business development executive at O’Reilly Books and author of the O’Reilly GMT blog.