Thursday Evening Hike @ Lower Perkiomen Valley Park

People, I am cancelling this hike due to inclement weather. Per hourly forecast as of now, there is[masked]% chance of snow/sleet/rain during the hike hours with 15-20/mph winds. The risk profile does not look good. While hiking itself would not be a problem in the snow; it could be quite treacherous on the roads, as many localities do not have enough salt to treat some of the local roads. We had a really bad experience on
the roads on the first Thursday of 2014. Just like all the bull and bear markets, this winter will have to come to an end at some point - there is no way around
it! See you next Thursday. Be safe. - Bijal



 

Please join us for a brisk paced six mile hike every Thursday at 6.30 pm at Lower Perkiomen Valley Park in Oaks. This is a mostly flat six mile hike. Some hikes are out and back and others are loops. We alternate between four different routes/hikes and generally repeat a route once every month. This hike is open to hikers of all levels including new members and beginners. If you are not up to doing the full six miles you can stop and back track at any time you choose. Since this hike is done in the Fall, Winter and Spring all or part of the hike is done in the dark. Please bring water and wear appropriate layers. Heavy rain, sleet, or snow cancels. Well behaved dogs on leashes welcome. Optional refreshment stop afterward.

Directions: The park is located at the intersection of 422 and Egypt Road. From the East on 422 take the Oaks exit and turn right on Egypt road. Turn right at the next light on New Mill road and into the park. The park and ride is approximated 1/4 mile on the left hand side. From the West on 422 take the Oaks exit and follow the ramp to the right. Turn right at the second light on New Mill road and into the park. The park and ride is approximated 1/4 mile on the left hand side. GPS:[masked], -75.44642. Please click the link below for directions:

 

http://goo.gl/maps/24AFB

 

 

 

 

 

 

Join or login to comment.

  • John

    Good call, Bij. Maybe next week will be better.

    February 13, 2014

  • Bijal

    People, I am cancelling this hike due to inclement weather. Per hourly forecast as of now, there is[masked]% chance of snow/sleet/rain during the hike hours with 15-20/mph winds. The risk profile does not look good. While hiking itself would not be a problem in the snow; it could be quite treacherous on the roads, as many localities do not have enough salt to treat some of the local roads. We had a really bad experience on the roads on the first Thursday of 2014. Just like all the bull and bear markets, this winter will have to come to an end at some point - there is no way around it! See you next Thursday. Be safe. - Bijal

    February 12, 2014

Our Sponsors

People in this
Meetup are also in:

Sometimes the best Meetup Group is the one you start

Get started Learn more
Katie

I'm surprised by the level of growth I've seen since becoming an organizer, it's given me more confidence in my abilities.

Katie, started NYC ICO

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy