addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Hiking in Norvin Green State Forest

Due to the wet conditions, this hike is canceled and will be rescheduled.

Join us for a moderately paced 7+ mile loop hike with several up and downs in the lovely New Jersey Highlands area. Depending on trail closures, possible hikes up to High Point to enjoy a great view of Wanaque Reservoir and on a clear day the NYC skyline; trek to Yoo-Hoo Point, Chikaholi Falls and Otter Hole. Meet at Snake Den Road parking lot just before the Weis Ecology Center at 9:00am SHARP. No dogs allowed. Some sections are rugged so sturdy over-the-ankle footwear is recommended; traction devices if freezing conditions exist [micro-spikes, stabilicers, crampons].

It is hunting season, please WEAR ORANGE.

Bring lunch/snacks and water. Heavy rain/snow cancels.

For more information:

http://activities.outdoors.org/search/index.cfm/action/details/id/65562

For information on the Weis Ecology Center and directions:

http://www.njaudubon.org/SectionCenters/SectionWeis/Introduction.aspx

Join or login to comment.

  • Terry B

    CANCELED DUE TO WET AND TRAIL CONDITIONS - WILL RESCHEDULE

    December 7, 2012

  • Terry B

    There is a very high probability this hike will be canceled due to the forecast of continual rain all day Saturday with a 60% chance in early afternoon. Please check email before traveling to the trail head.

    December 7, 2012

  • Marina

    Looking forward to the hike, but there is a 60% chance of rain. :( Will it still be on if it rains lightly?

    December 6, 2012

    • Terry B

      Marina - Please check for an up-dated meet-up email before leaving in the morning. Weather is not looking great for tomorrow. I will make a decision very late this evening or very early tomorrow morning - probably around 6am. Right now it is sleeting. If canceled, this hike will be re-scheduled.

      1 · December 7, 2012

  • Lisa

    Sue, where on 80? I'm in Florham Park.....

    December 4, 2012

  • Sue B.

    I'm willing to carpool from I-80 Eastbound

    December 4, 2012

  • Steve L.

    Sorry, Terry, have to miss this one. Our
    company is doing inventory that weekend.

    November 25, 2012

No one went

Our Sponsors

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy