Kayaking and canoeing within a two hour range of Nashville, with paddling and camping trips beyond that range, has generated a number of paddlers who are no longer new to the sport. Experienced kayakers and canoeists, this group is for you. Those new to paddling are welcome to join after gaining strength and technique.
You might be an Aquaholic if you:
• Believe “Leave nothing behind” is a way of life
• Participated in a rescue and/or experienced it
• Would never say “No,” or “Do it yourself” to someone who needs assistance on a paddle (Please stop here if that is the case. You cannot join.)
• Remember another paddler’s boat but not their name
• Rattle off the list of things to pack in a drybag
• Believe it doesn’t matter if it’s sea, lakes, slow or fast rivers – we’re all paddlers.
• Check out the water level of the waterway when crossing a bridge
• Take criticism of your boat or canoe personal
• Stay alert for the safety of fellow paddlers and share whatever you brought
• Own at least one kayak or canoe. If you have no boat it’s for a darned good reason such as it wore out or your new place is too small to store it.
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Saturday, April 19, 2014 9:00 AM
Your organizer will refund you if: