addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Arduino Bay - San Francisco Bay Area Arduino User Group Message Board › Best Book for Beginning Electronics?

Best Book for Beginning Electronics?

Victoria Tressan L...
Victoria_Leonard
South San Francisco, CA
Post #: 1
If you don't know the difference between a potentiometer and a transistor, you will have difficulty making circuits with your Arduino. Electronic components are the building blocks. If you are looking for a book to get you up to speed, I recommend the short and highly readable Make: Electronics by Charles Platt.

Anyone have other suggestions for beginner electronics books? Web sites? You Tube videos?
Conrad W.
Cinematographer
Kailua, HI
Post #: 16
Yummy Yummy Yummy
I have books in my tummy

The first person to recommend a book from O'Reilly's epic Arduino catalog, will be handsomely rewarded! So share your favorite title, and win the chance to give it to another member. Of course, you will also win the o'reilly book of your choice!

Furthermore, We are going to run a litttttttle competition....
The person who is the "most social" will also win a book from the stack!
Please use the hashtag #ArduinoBay to win!

terms
Oreilly is donating these books. They are very valuable manuals, so dont forget to thank them. They <3 reviews!
* You have to give the second book to someone sitting across the room from you :]
** Eligible Social Sites: G+, fB, Twitter, foursquare. We will tally it up at our next meeting!
*** Eligible books must be published by O'Reilly
**** Please continue to use this thread for all book reccomendations

A former member
Post #: 8
Hey everybody,

The MakerShed is having a sale until midnight on the 31st - all their PDF books are 75% off!

There are several items regarding Arduinos including the PDF version of O'Reilly's Arduino Cookbook (2nd ed.) The PDF is usually $35.99 but 75% off = $8.99.

I don't mean to sound like a commercial, but it is a pretty good deal. I got $120 worth of PDFs for $30.00.

Anyway, you are supposed to sign up for the free newsletter and the you get the discount code - PDF75 . If you buy anything you won't see the discount applied until just before you actually place the order, then the total will be recalculated - I was a bit nervous until I saw that.

What's my favorite electronics book? Any one I can get for 75% off, including Make: Electronics.

Paul Hazel
A former member
Post #: 1
If you don't know the difference between a potentiometer and a transistor, you will have difficulty making circuits with your Arduino. Electronic components are the building blocks. If you are looking for a book to get you up to speed, I recommend the short and highly readable Make: Electronics by Charles Platt.

Anyone have other suggestions for beginner electronics books? Web sites? You Tube videos?

One of the best I have found is also from Platt and Make: is Encyclopedia of electronic components
I consider it a must have for any beginner and I also am learning things from it and use it as a reference all the time.