LaFong http://photos4.meetupstatic.com/photos/member/9/2/8/6/member_3457510.jpeg

Member

Arizona Backpacking Club http://photos3.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/b/8/e/e/global_270767342.jpeg 20080606
Phoenix, AZ 85044

Location:

Tucson, AZUSA 85713

Member since:

October 18, 2008

Introduction

I discovered http://www.meetup...­ .

What cool backpacking trips have you done recently?

My main adventure buddies bought a home in New Mexico this year which has consumed most of their free time. Ergo, I have nary one backpacking adventure to report on for this year. Hopefully yooz guys will help me to remedy that situation real soon.

What's your very favorite piece of gear?

Beer cooler.

Tell us about your backpacking experience?

I've hiked Paria Canyon a couple of times. I've ventured into the bowels of the Grand Canyon via the Tanner Trail, Ryder Canyon and South Canyon. My favorite place, though, is Southern Utah. Death Hollow and Dark Canyon were truly spectacular.

Sign in to post a Greeting.

  • Kim

    Pima Canyon is not death defying like Wasson Peak. I got this! :) Miss you tons!

    Mar 29, 2014 2:08 PM
  • Rita

    sorry, I just saw this message. I lived in Kanab, went there to work for Best Friends Animal Sanctuary. The town is 90 percent Mormon. The other 10% are river guides, retirees and animal lovers.

    May 22, 2013 12:21 AM
  • Elisabeth Wheeler

    I hike and backpack with Kathy but she is definitely stronger than I am going uphill. My last hike was Wasson Peak last Thursday.

    Jan 15, 2013 4:42 PM
  • Cindy Collins

    Hey LaFong, did you ever figure out why your camelback was malfunctioning during the Romero Pools hike last Saturday? Mine did the same thing this morning, but on a smaller scale. Have no idea why!

    Jul 29, 2012 7:35 PM
  • Kevin

    Black Mesa Loop. Meet us About 7:20 at firstwater TH. That puts you there 1st.

    Oct 19, 2011 9:36 PM
  • Bob Weiland

    Alt Hiking

    LaFong,

    I have the "Ditch" hike as a .GPX file and would like to send it to you but... don't know how to do an attachment to this public email ?
    Please send me a private email to my XXX.Cox,net account and I'll send you the file.

    Bob Weiland

    Sep 08, 2011 10:36 PM
  • Corley

    hey LaFong, that's the one. :)

    Aug 20, 2011 2:32 PM
  • John Stansberry

    Hey LaFong - Have my own hike planned for Saturday (8th), and other stuff on Sunday, but I haven't forgotten all that good cold beer at Che's! Hope to see you one of the following weekends. Nice picture by the way... ;)

    Jan 07, 2011 1:08 PM
  • Lynanne

    The Tucson Hiking Meetup Group

    Thanks for the GPS link! very cool!!

    Nov 19, 2010 12:21 AM
  • Lynanne

    The Tucson Hiking Meetup Group

    Hi LaFong,
    My fast paced hikes are not runs although some people do run ahead but I just keep a fast pace. Not everyone stays with us but its ok. We usually spend a bit of time at the destination and regroup. Then we tend to stay together going down. (my weakness)

    Aug 24, 2010 7:42 PM
Older Greetings

Membership dues

$15.00 Once

This covers: Maintaining Meetup Site, Shared Gear, Permit Fees, AZ Trail Work, etc

Payment is accepted using:

  • PayPal

Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.

Our Sponsors

People in this
Meetup are also in:

Log in

Not registered with us yet?

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy