Event: Time Zone Wall area of the Watson Lake Dells in Prescott, AZ. This is a single pitch top-rope outing at which many climbs will be set.
When: Sunday, February 24, 2013. Meet at the Park & Ride at 07:00 AM
Where to Meet: Park & Ride, east of Denny's Restaurant at Bell Rd and I-17 (link)
Directions: Park & Ride to Watson Lake Park Road (link)
Plan: Meet at the Park & Ride east of Denny's located on the southwest corner of I-17 and Bell Road in North Phoenix at 07:00. Consolidate cars, and be on the road by 07:15. Arrive at the Watson Lake Parking Area around 08:45. The approach hike will take 20 to 30 minutes. Gear up while the leaders set the climbs; be climbing by 10:00. We will climb until we're tired, cold, or until mid-afternoon. Tear down, and hike back to the cars by 15:00. Optionally, we can head into Prescott for a hot meal & a cold beverage before we drive back to Phoenix. Leave Prescott in time to arrive back at the Park & Ride no later than 18:00.
What to Bring:
- Rock climbing gear: Harness, ATC belay device, three (3) locking carabiners, rock shoes, personal anchor, prusiks. Helmets are required for all climbers and belayers.
- Warm clothes: Jacket, fleece beanie or other warm hat, gloves or mittens. It may be chilly, so dress in layers. Also consider a lightweight windproof shell in case it is breezy.
- Personal gear: Personal first aid kit, sunscreen, sunglasses, camera.
- Food & Water: 2-3 liters of water recommended for an outing of this duration. Bring a lunch and/or snacks.
- Gas money for your carpool driver.
- First dibs on this outing will go to 2012 Basic Outdoor Rock Climbing School graduates.
- This outing is restricted to current AMC members and their specified guest. AMC Club dues for 2013 may be paid anytime online at http://amcaz.org/membership.asp or to Curtis Stone on the day of the outing. Checks and cash are accepted.
Leadership: Curtis Stone. Douglas Matson will be assisting.
Climbing is a personal choice and requires personal responsibility. Climbing and associated activities are dangerous and can result in injury and/or death. Climbing exposes you to risks. Risks are not eliminated by training, or skill. By your participation in any AMC activity or event, you accept and assume any and all risks, including those created by negligence, connected to such activity or event.