Join me, along with Bill Fallon, Rogil Schroeter, and Kim McClintic for a fun three pitch climb in Sedona! With a scenic approach and a beautiful summit this climb is a must-do for Arizona rock climbers! This is a ~5.6 multi-pitch rock climb. Plan accordingly.
1) Meet at the Denny's at Bell Road and I-17 (Just West of I-17, South side of the road) at 6:00 am sharp (we will leave at 6:15 am); the early start reflects the nature of the day.
2) We are inviting 4 climbers to join us.
3) Please bring: a) food, b) plenty of water, c) head lamps, d) wind shell, e) approach shoes, f) warm clothing, g) sun screen, h) helmet, i) harness, j) extra locking biners and a personal anchor, k) climbing shoes, and l) whatever else you may need to stay comfortable (gloves, hat, etc.,)for the day.
4) We will likely NOT get back to the Phoenix area until approximately 9:00 pm or so (if we stop and eat, which we likely will), so plan accordingly.
5) Approximate schedule (FYI) [conservative estimates].
6:00 am meet in parking area just West of Denny's
6:15 am depart Phoenix
8:30 am at the trail head parking area
8:45 am start hike
10:00 am at the base of the climb
3:00 pm all have reached the summit (some down)
4:15 pm all have descended the climb
4:30 pm hike out
5:30 pm back at the trail head parking.
5:45 pm at restaurant/other for dinner
9:15 pm Denny's on Bell and I-17
NOTE: climbing is a personal choice and requires personal responsibilities. Climbing and associated activities are dangerous and can result in injury and/or death. Climbing exposes you to risks. Risks are not eliminated by training, or skill. By your participation in any AMC activity or event you accept and assume any and all risks, including those created by negligence, connected to such activity or event.
If you wish to participate you should be physically and mentally prepared with the appropriate gear. You are responsible for your own safety, not the person leading the event. You should always be aware of the risks involved in outdoor activities and conduct yourself accordingly.