addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Arizona WordPress Group Message Board › Addon/subdomains effect on SEO?

Addon/subdomains effect on SEO?

Closed to new replies

Lisa R.
user 10875987
Glendale, AZ
Post #: 2
Hi All, I have a client who has one hosting account (HostGator) and is running a WP install on her main site. Now, she wants to add another domain and use it as a second full website (vs. the bazillion landing pages she's got setup) and I'm trying to figure out the best configuration of forwards/addon domains/subdomains/etc. when it comes to SEO. Can anybody weigh in on how these things affect SEO? Any danger of being perceived as duplicate content? Thanks in advance for any advice or articles. I googled this and mostly found outdated postings and expert sites that want me to pay for answers. :-\
Chuck R.
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 39
So if she's adding a 2nd site that site will start with it's own seo bucket to fill. addon domain is the same thing.. it's another domain. Subdomain, same thing. Forwards... that's completely different.

I don't know why you're worried about duplicate content unless you're duplicating content. If you are then it'll eventually bring them both down. You can 'spin' the content and change it all up and reword it and maybe change some of the page structure - that typically works but that's by no means the best thing to do; i'm not recommending that just sayin.

"bazillion landing pages" sounds like stuff we did back in early days of search, not so much the best thing unless your'e pumping lots of ppc cash into each of them for traffic to convert at 1-2.5%.