addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Arizona WordPress Group Message Board › New Meetup - Plugins for Beginners and Devs

New Meetup - Plugins for Beginners and Devs

Closed to new replies

Amanda B.
user 2996463
Portland, OR
Post #: 6
Hey guys

when last I checked in with Trace, he was considering moving, and the future of the meetup was a bit unclear. I'm back on the East Coast, but its important to me we have a meetup group in Phx if there's interest in having one.

Since clearly, the bigger issue has always been venue and speakers, I'm confident I can help coordinate that from afar. Is there anyone who'd like to pickup the running of the meetups themselves? Its INCREDIBLY complicated. You go to the meetup, introduce the speaker, and give everyone directions to the closest bar for after the meetup.

We'd talked about splitting the meetups into 2 sections: beginners (user) and more advanced (dev), with devs helping out during the beginner's portion each time.

SO. With that said, I've secured speakers for the plugin meetup we talked about, so plugin dev, popular plugins, etc. I'll find a location... I just need someone to help run the meetup on the ground and for people to establish interest. It's gonna go a little different:

1. 6pm, meetup starts, just networking, get to know eachother.
2. 6:30pm, beginner session starts for 30 min
3. 7:15, advanced session starts for 30 min
4. 8pm, meetup breaks up, those who'd like to proceed to drinks after.

the goal is a lighter, fun, relaxed meetup with a focus on networking and community and will happen once a month, on the same day. (third tuesday). no real need for announcements or overproducing it... its a meetup.

please indicate interest below.
A former member
Post #: 3
Would love to attend if the meetup is held in the central phoenix or Scottsdale.

Claudia
Carol S.
CarolStambaugh
Group Organizer
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 4
I'm definitely interested. I wouldn't mind helping with that horrific sounding job of introducing the speaker and then picking the bar afterwards. :-) I will add 3rd Tuesdays to my calendar.
Jerry C.
Cupbearer
Scottsdale, AZ
Post #: 10
I am not the social planner of my family, but I would certainly put this on my Calendar to try to attend. Isn't there a plugin for managing events and attendence and stuff :)

Jerry Craig
Cupbearer
A former member
Post #: 13
Amanda,

Sent you a couple of emails over the past week but have not heard from you, would love to announce this meetup and ask for someone to host it but not sure if you've already found someone ... waiting for your reply. :)

Trace
Rob McMahan J.
rtmcmjr
Chandler, AZ
Post #: 1
My name is Rob McMahan and I just recently joined. I own PDMNETWORKS.COM and I'm in the process of developing a separate site to showcase my Web Dev skills.

I would be interested in helping and supporting the group. I'd like to keep it going as I've just joined and it seems like a good networking opportunity. Plus it just sounds enjoyable. I have deployed and customized dozens of WP sites and some are quite high traffic.

Give me a call at 602-284-2385
A former member
Post #: 3
I am a beginner and very interested in getting unrusty with my small skills.
Keep me posted on the where n when. Especially the changes.
Thanks,
Dot