addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Arizona WordPress Group Message Board › WP e-Commerce Multiple Product Lists

WP e-Commerce Multiple Product Lists

Paul S.
user 12756973
Cave Creek, AZ
Post #: 1
I am in the process of creating a site with WP e-Commerce plug in. I am trying to create a product group that has one pricing structure for certain group of folks who log on with a password. I also wish to create another product list with a different pricing structure for another group of people that log on with their password.

Can this be done without extensive code writing?

Thoughts?
Chuck R.
ChuckReynolds
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 48
Hmm, I haven't used WPecomm in a while but I don't think this is baked in; meaning you'd have to code it in.

Thoughts...

1) could use/hack http://getshopped.org...­

2) http://www.visser.com...­ may be helpful.

Depending on the type of user authentication you're using you could hide the pricing meta field for non-logged in users. This would then bring up the issue on how to calculate a cart based on a different meta field when a certain user is logged and has access to that.

3) Alternatively you could have a discount code for users that they enter upon checkout... that's cheating I know but could be a good solution for the interm.

4) Worst case, use their support board: http://getshopped.org...­
Paul S.
user 12756973
Cave Creek, AZ
Post #: 2
Hey Chuck,

Went down that road, visser has already contacted me. I spoke with another source, and I think I will create sub-domains and link the sites with WordPress MS (formally MU).

I write this singular sentence as if that's all it's gonna take.......................probaby a week of trial and error for this newbie.

Thanks for your input! smile
Chuck R.
ChuckReynolds
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 49
10-4. good luck! smile
Jerry C.
Cupbearer
Scottsdale, AZ
Post #: 11
that sounds really cool. I had thought maybe multiple product number ranges and then using the built in "exclude" parameters that it seems most wordpress functions have. Which I thought might help with marketing and handleing/shipping after the sale. But, as everything that i'm working on atm is using Multisite, more for it's directory structure for saving data, this idea seems really workable and not too awefully hard to implement.

They really do need to update the WordPress.org discussion on Multisite since 3.1.x with the new "Network Admin" section though. But, if I can do it anyone can.

It's really cool when people post questions and get suggestions, and then actually take the time to post back solutions to the problem once they find it. Open ended forum requests when you may have the same issue come up are meh.

I'd be anxious to see how it all turns out :)
Jerry C.
Cupbearer
Scottsdale, AZ
Post #: 12
Did you ever get this figured out? Always interested in seeing the final solutions. It appears that's going to be the only way to truly learn WordPress is to see Real Life Problems fixed and then try to remember how people got the job done.

Thanks,

Jerry Craig
Cupbearer
foognav.org
foodnav.com
Paul S.
user 12756973
Cave Creek, AZ
Post #: 3
To get multiple pricing scenarios is available from a plugin by Visserlabs. After purchasing, it appears that the same price would exist for a one category of user login vs. another.

So, it was not the solution that I was looking for in able to differentiate pricing for the same product. Here's the fix that I plan on implementing.

Create the products, images, descriptions in the main domain site with pricing. Once created, transfer that database into a sub-domain site and edit pricing as needed on the various sub-domain sites. Not the perfect solution, but doesn't involve a done of brain drain in code (not my strength right yet).

Sorry for the late response.
Jerry C.
Cupbearer
Scottsdale, AZ
Post #: 17
Could you just change "Post-Type" from "private" to "public" and then filter the loop or the fields that display in the loop based on that "post-type". It seems that the whole "Post-Type" thing is rather newerish but in 3.2 it's got a big push so there should be more stuff out there for it. I found that a lot of the plugins wanted to hard code "post" or "page" and that some of them took a bit of tweeking on the site that I am working on. But, since it is newer I was able to find quite a bit of new write up stuff with Google my friend.

In the above only the Pricing should exist though as a seperate Post Type, then you can pull from the same image/description uploads and just change the price? It may just be a way around the whole multisite aspect?

Jerry Craig
Cupbearer
Paul S.
user 12756973
Cave Creek, AZ
Post #: 4
Hmmm, not sure if I understand. Are you referencing "Post-Type" as it relates to the products page in the eCommerce plugin?
Jerry C.
Cupbearer
Scottsdale, AZ
Post #: 19
Have 2 different Post-Types, 1 would be like product_public and then the other would be product_private. Then in the loop you can filter which one to show whether or not they are "logged in". I'm not a great coder but something like.

If logged_in then product_private else product_public.

There is quite a bit of documentation on "post types" now with the recent changes in 3.2. It's really no different than the difference between "Pages" and "Posts" except you can call it whatever you want and then use it however you want in your templates.

Maybe just break it down to meta fields for the 2 different prices and just do the if statement on the price meta field. The problem is going to be at the end when you need to add up the cart I would think if you did it this way. So Maybe duplicating the entire post as a different Post_Type. However, even though it's theoretically a "new" post of a different type, you can still use the same images since they come from a shared gallery. So the new post_type would likely be title of product, description of product, and a meta field that held the price.

Not sure, just pretty much thinking outloud :)