add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Arizona WordPress Group Message Board › September 8th WordPress Meetup Group

September 8th WordPress Meetup Group

Carol S.
Group Organizer
Phoenix, AZ
Hope you are all trying your best to stay cool. Hard to believe, but it is already time for another meetup. We will meet at Gangplank on Thursday, September 8th. The meeting will begin at 6:30 and then wrap-up around 8:30.

As always, we welcome your input into these topics and discussions. We have almost 300 members of this meetup group and there is strength and knowledge in numbers. If you have something you can contribute regarding our topic areas this week, please send me a quick email and we would love to put you to work. :-)

6:30 Networking

6:50 Introductions, Burning Issues and Questions

7:00 Tips and Tricks

7:50 Introduction to Information Architecture: Creating an Effective WordPress Site

8:10 Wrap-up and Future Directions (If anyone is interested in continuing the fun over some food and drinks, we will take a poll to see where to move the party).

As mentioned earlier, we welcome your input. We know there is vast knowledge and skill in our group and we encourage you to come forward. If anyone attending this group has a particular interest in or expertise in the topics listed above, please let us know.

Have a safe holiday and I look forward to seeing you next week.
Chuck R.
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 71
I already can't remember what I was supposed to post here but something about links...

First, the latest info about WordCamp Phoenix 3+­

New Education:
- http://codex.wordpres...­

I also bookmark a lot of wordpress links but they tend to be more advanced but a great resource anyways:

WordPress Showcase -­

Big Four Ecomm Plugins:
-­ (wooCommerce forked this and will be entering the game fairly soon too)
-­ (wp-e-commerce)
-­ (shopp)

Free setup and test/play with new site (via Tom)
-­ (site will be updated soon with info but signup is there)

Anything else - ASK... Never be afraid to ask - use the forums; that's what they're here for.
A former member
Post #: 3
Thanks for all of the great information last night. I look forward to the next meeting and am happy Preston invited me to join this great group of WordPress enthusiasts. It's great when people support each other and share information - definitely appreciated!!
Carol S.
Group Organizer
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 11
A HUGE thank you to Chuck, Greg and Josh for your time and sharing what you know last night. I also want to thank everyone for "rolling with the punches" in the face of unexpected changes. Hope to see you all next time.
Bob D.
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 1
Thanks Carol, Chuck, Greg and Josh for hosting a great meetup last night. It was great finally getting out and meeting other members of the group. See you next month!
Chuck R.
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 74
Couple more things.

Basic Help videos - lots of them and they're good.­

Also - the fork of jigoshop has officially come out - learn more about that here: