Arizona WordPress Group Message Board › Animated PNG

Animated PNG

Gregory C.
user 39965512
Scottsdale, AZ
Post #: 4
Hello everyone I have a quick question to ask. All of you web designers and developers out there I have a new project I'm working and I need to create a animated banner but the regular gif banner wont do, it needs to be an animated png or apng file. I have done some research on line and it can be done. but I'm not,sure how to go about it. I know firefox have a png manger plugin that allow you to insert different png files and then compress them in to a movie but was wondering was there another way to go by creating a animated png by using maybe fireworks or Photoshop?
Chuck R.
ChuckReynolds
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 90
I'm pretty sure almost no browser supports that. why would you want to do that anyways?

currently looks like only FF and Opera (which nobody uses)... http://caniuse.com/ap...­
so that limits you to about only 35% of people that would be able to see your banner.. total.. depending on your demo for that banner it could be significantly lower.

SO... question remains... WHY?