align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Arizona WordPress Group Message Board › WPAZ North Meetup Needs Your Help

WPAZ North Meetup Needs Your Help

Seth C.
Seth_Carstens
Scottsdale, AZ
North Valley Meetup Goal: First to provide live development demonstrations in order to further the knowledge of WordPress developers across the valley. Secondly, to collaborate and establish best practices of development and share "tricks of the trade".

What we need: Help us find a location!

As you have probably heard by now, we are trying to establish a north valley meetup. We are looking for potential places to meet, possibly by Desert Ridge or somewhere near the 51 and bell area. If anyone is familiar with these areas and has a connection or idea for a meetup spot, please let me know. We can't schedule the first North Valley Meetup until we lock down a location. Keep in mind the following needs for the group:

Free: Nobody wants to pay to go to a meetup.

Wifi: Everyone brings there laptops, we need internet access, not to mention possibility of streaming the content to the rest of the meetup members that can't make it.

Seats: needs to hold 30-50 people

Presentation: needs to support some sort of projection (I can bring a projector if need be).

Freeway Access: people come from all over, its best to keep the location as close to major freeways as possible.

We will have more information about getting involved in the WPAZ North meetup after we establish our location.
A former member
Post #: 65
Way to go, Seth! I will see what I can do to help.
Jeff S.
JeffSchodde
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 8
Seth,
Here's some ideas:

It's not glamorous, but the public libraries have meeting rooms you can use for free.

I live in Anthem (kinda far north) and the community center has meeting rooms but I don't know if they charge a fee or not.

There is a Denny's on I17 and Northern that has banquet facilities. I'm sure there are others as well.

I'm really glad you are setting this up. Let me know if I can help further.

-Jeff
A former member
Post #: 70
my gym has meeting areas and they have free wifi as well. as long as everyone doesnt mind buying a beverage, we can meet in the cafe at my gym but its at 44-camelback not quite so much north