addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Arizona WordPress Group Message Board › Google not indexing individual blog posts from Home page?

Google not indexing individual blog posts from Home page?

Lisa R.
user 10875987
Glendale, AZ
Post #: 15
Greetings! I'm looking for the answer to an SEO dilemma, it surprised me that I'm not sure of the answer to this one. A client has a WP site that's been up for years, and it's got the blog on the Home page. The site pages are well-indexed, and the blog feed is working properly, but the individual blog posts are not getting indexed. They get indexed from FaceBook when they are posted there, but not directly from his site. URL below, any help much appreciated. :D­
Chuck R.
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 102
Just flying through stuff here...

Your xml sitemap doesn't include the posts: http://www.iawr-conne...­
You'll want to check on that - that helps guide the bots around better sometimes. Also make sure you get the site into Google Webmaster Tools to see if they're telling you of crawl/index errors.

I ran my spider on your site and it crawled 208 pages. Seems to have the blog posts in there so the spiders should be indexing it.
After looking at a couple your posts are indexed. See here:­
(just search in google "" and you'll see it if that link doesn't work).

So your blog posts ARE indexed - they just may not be ranking well at all. That's an optimization and marketing problem.
Just another random - not associated with this is that you don't have a canonical redirect on your home page - so http://iawr-con.......­. doesn't redirect properly to www.iawr-co.... (or visa versa). And your internal pages don't all have descriptions etc. But.. that's a longer dig :)

Hope that helps.
Chuck R.
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 103
I forgot to post the link to the spider results. If you wanted them. I'll delete the file in a few days so just download it and open in excel.­
Lisa R.
user 10875987
Glendale, AZ
Post #: 16
Thanks Chuck, this was super helpful, I really appreciate you taking the time!! :D