Arizona WordPress Group Message Board › WordPress Gig - I'm Hiring Immediately for a Steady Gig

WordPress Gig - I'm Hiring Immediately for a Steady Gig

Betsy C.
betsycohen
Scottsdale, AZ
Post #: 2
Hi everyone! I am hiring, and need your help. This is a great opportunity for a WordPress web developer looking for some steady hours, or someone just getting into the freelance biz... I'd love to work with someone in the group -- and I definitely want to hire someone local. Thank you!

Ongoing Part-time WordPress Support
I'm hiring a web designer for 10-20 hours/week to help support my existing clients, primarily with WordPress websites. Minimum skills/experience:

-- WordPress
-- HTML
-- CSS
-- Photoshop

Ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is flexible and reliable, and is a fast learner. Visit me at www.positiveelement.com, or email betsy (at) positiveelement.com.
Chuck R.
ChuckReynolds
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 118
so you need a designer/front-end person? Do you have an hourly budget you're looking for? There's a few ppl around the forum and I can usually recommend people based on monetary and time needs.
Betsy C.
betsycohen
Scottsdale, AZ
Post #: 3
Thanks Chuck, i really appreciate your help. it's not strictly a designer that I need - I could use dev skills too. But the highest priorities will be managing updates for existing clients, including WP & plugin version updates, various small feature requests, configuring plugins, and minor template and CSS changes. I need to get these off my plate...

Budget is $25-$30/hour initially, and I can guarantee a minimum # of hours/week, so it'll be steady income.

If the person I hire can also do theme / plugin development, or can customize Genesis themes, or do some decent design work, I will likely have more hours for them, and the definite possibility of raising the hourly rate.

Anyone come to mind?
--
Betsy
Greg T.
user 24050182
Tempe, AZ
Post #: 9
Betsy,

My company Marketing Press may be a good fit to fill this role for you. Please contact me, if you would like to further discuss.

Thanks.
Lisa R.
user 10875987
Glendale, AZ
Post #: 19
Hi Betsy,

Is this an on-site position? If not, I would be interested. Please get in touch if you'd like to talk.

Cheers,
Lisa
lisa at lisaroberts dot com
480-319-4463
Lisa Marie Designs
Betsy C.
betsycohen
Scottsdale, AZ
Post #: 4
On-site is not required, but I would definitely want to meet up and work together in person, perhaps once or twice a month. I have some office space in Tempe that I currently use once/week, which would be a great meeting place.

I'm finally starting to get a good response to my job posting - Yea!! So if you are interested, please send me your qualifications and/or portfolio, and answer these questions:

• Are you looking for short-term filler work, or a long-term position? Since I expect the person in this position will work directly with some long-term clients, I hope to bring on someone that will be around for awhile. I do work with other contractors on a more as-needed basis, so if you know that you're not interested in a long-term part-time/potentially full-time position, then the we can consider other ways of working together.
  • What is your experience with WordPress?
  • Please rate your skill level for the skills I listed in the job description, on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being "I'm an expert, people call me for this" and 1 being "I think I might have heard of that."
  • What type of work, or phase of a project, do you enjoy the most?

I really appreciate your time, and I will be following up later this week and over the weekend.
--
Betsy