addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Arizona WordPress Group Message Board › Easy way to install and run WP on your Mac.

Easy way to install and run WP on your Mac.

Christopher
user 4015957
Chandler, AZ
Post #: 16
http://bitnami.org/st...­

You can use this on a Windows machine as well but I have found this to be a really easy way to get everything setup on a Mac. It installs Mamp, WordPress, MySQL, etc in one click. You can also use this if you want to play around with Amazon Web Services. Pretty interesting stuff. While doing a manual install with MAMP is not all that difficult this takes it to the next level.

For Windows users this is an alternative to Instant WP.

Enjoy....
Chris
Steven R.
user 40845772
Scottsdale, AZ
Post #: 1
Thanks for the info Chris.

I'll throw one more product out there in the realm of one-click website development environments. I've taken a liking to a product called DesktopServer from ServerPress. (http://serverpress.co...­)

The product, like the others mentioned, gives you an almost instant test site to use for development. It behaves exactly like a proper server WordPress install, including extending your development into the wild for plugins, jQuery inclusions and the like. Some positives: it configures your installations to use a .dev domain extension which is very handy for the eventual project migration. Oh, yeah... It'll actually migrate the product to a live server too (untested, currently). Plus, with the paid version, you can unlock the import/export feature which I've used with Dropbox to quickly migrate my dev products between laptop and desktop. Plus, a bonus: Dropbox allows for a crude measure of version control for the exports.

End of commercial. :)

Have fun!
Carol S.
CarolStambaugh
Group Organizer
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 35
@Steven, I use ServerPress as well and I really like it. It is very easy to use. I have the free version and haven't needed to upgrade to the paid. I haven't used the migration tool since I use Backup Buddy for migrations. But I agree, I think ServerPress is a great tool for local development.