addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Arizona WordPress Group Message Board › Make Logo in Banner image a Link

Make Logo in Banner image a Link

A former member
Post #: 16
Hello and good evening --

Maybe someone out there can provide a relatively simple answer on how to do something we'd like to do on our site (http://effectivemarke...­) The logo in the top left of our banner, where it says "Effective Mktg and Design Solutions," how can we turn that logo into a link to the home page - providing users an easy way to return to the home page?

Also, where in the Style Sheet can I change the width of the content area, to make it slightly wider (so that the sidebars are narrower)?

Your help is much appreciated !
Glen H.
Glen1n
Scottsdale, AZ
Post #: 1
Looks to me like the CSS rule for #content currently sets "width: 75.669%;" I would try increasing or removing that and see if it does what you want. There is also rules for "#secondary" and "#tertiary" which have width properties assigned that you may need to adjust to get it the way you want.

If your theme doesn't support the header image linking to the home page I think you need to add code to customize it for that. The Twenty Thirteen theme that comes with WP does that in the file "header.php".

Hope that helps or, stimulates the discussion anyway.
Glen