Arizona WordPress Group Message Board › Meetups - what are you looking for

Meetups - what are you looking for

Closed to new replies

Chuck R.
ChuckReynolds
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 11
Hey guys

First off - If anybody would like to have a meetup.... feel free to post it and I'll promote it for you. I don't like how meetup.com has one central person involved in making all the decisions... if others want to step up... by all means do it.

Secondly... To get a grasp on what everybody is looking for in this group, leave some info here as to what you're looking for help on... just looking for other WP users? Looking for basic info like posting and pages and stuff like that? Looking for specific development help? Seems that we have a couple advanced users in here that should be able to step up.

There's a paid event coming up on the 16th that is a pretty extensive run-through of everything wordpress... you need to already have a wordpress site setup somewhere so you can actively play/test/learn during the class. It's very hands on and worth the money; you're getting a local Wordpress Expert to help out and take a day of their time offering any help you guys need.
INFO: http://phxwpworkshops...­

Also if you'd like to find me, just about every single Wednesday I'm at Gangplank (325 E Elliot, elliot & arizona ave, south side) in Chandler and Wed nights are called "hacknight"... basically people show up to hack on side projects and/or converse with other locals. Free Wifi so bring your laptop. Most of the times pizza too.

Point is if you need some basic help swing by and I'll be happy to help you out. I'm there to help with WP, SEO and small biz internet questions. Ask for me if you don't recognize my ugly mug :)

In Other News... Does anybody even use this discussion board / forum? haha... *echo*
A former member
Post #: 1
Thanks Chuck. I'm a beginner when it comes to WordPress and I am definitely going to take advantage of your offer for "hacknight." I'm trying to figure out the possibilities of WordPress. What hours are you there?

Thanks!

Jonathan
Chuck R.
ChuckReynolds
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 14
I'm usually there all day Wed's but am also working and have a 2-3p (varies) meeting during that time. Some days I'm swamped, like this week and probably next (got couple big jobs finishing this month) and somedays I have much more free time to mingle and chat. 1130-1 each wed is a 'brown-bag' where somebody will talk about entrepreneurship or startups or social media or whatever and then a Q&A for a bit as well. Gangplank is a collaborative workspace, so keep that in mind as it's a good place to meet like-minded people and collaborate on projects etc. more info: http://gangplankhq.co...­

Other than that, Josh Strebel (http://bit.ly/pagely...­ - Pagely managed WP founder) works out of Gangplank a few days a week as well and he's another good source for WP information.

You can reach me directly at talkto-at-chuckreynolds.us if you need project help / estimates / etc.
A former member
Post #: 11
Well I suppose better late than never, right?!

I am new to WP and am super into it! Would love just a meet up of how people are utilizing WP - what creative ways they are using it and assisting their clients (if they have them) in this capacity.

Not to mention social networking integration and maximization.

Would that interest anyone?

Thanks
Tarja
Chuck R.
ChuckReynolds
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 15
If I just set up an evening meeting with mostly Q&A and we can cover the general usage and how I've used it etc.... that work for now?

Let me see when Gangplank has a free night and I'll set something up
A former member
Post #: 13
Sounds fabulous! Look forward to making it happen.

T
A former member
Post #: 19
With 30% of my visitors now on phones at my site, I would love it if someone could put together a MeetUp on mobile plug ins for Wordpress.

I have tried a bunch of them and mostly I get 3 or 4 SQL errors at the top of the mobile pages.

I will have mobile really covered in another month, but right now I am frustrated and my sites are live, I can't just go running 30% of my traffic off with 3 error messages at the top of my blogs.

A MeetUp would be very welcome and or posting the best practice info here.

Any mobile gurus out there?

Chuck R.
ChuckReynolds
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 16
@Chris WP-Touch is the best one out there currently. Have it running on many client sites, some with 75k uniques/mo.
http://wordpress.org/...­

I'm open to talking about that at the meetup. Just wanted you to get some info quickly :)