addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Arizona Games! Message Board › New Friday Night Meetup

New Friday Night Meetup

A former member
Post #: 6
Hey Everybody

I hope this isn't innappropriate, and if it is I profusely apologize but I wanted to let everyone know that a I started a Bi-Weekly Friday night meetup at my wife and I's house in South Phoenix. The evening starts at 6 pm with dinner, usually something on the BBQ or my smoker and then we move onto gaming for the night with things wrapping up between 11 and 12. There is no charge for the meetup and dinner and soda is provided.

I also encourage game choice by vote and there is usually enough time to play 2 different games. I have a decent collection that is growing every month. My collection can be found on the BGG website under My Collection. I am also okay with people bringing their own games and seeing if people want to play it. I have a rather large table in my dining room so if for some reason two different games needed to happen I have the table and room to facilitate it.

Feel free to check things out at Phoenix Meeples or you can go to the site through the Meetup Site under South Phoenix Gaming Group.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope to meet some of you soon and play some games.

heather c.
user 9399216
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 15
Thank you Patrick for inviting us all. Dinner and games is always good. Some of us do get tired of Denny's so you might have a few takers. Also fyi for our two Friday events, not everyone RSVP's. On Bell and I 17 we have about 5 or less that do, but then 15-33 people show up. Then in Tempe they have about 5-10 rsvp, but they really have 10-20 show up. Hope to see you at one of the other weekly game events.
A former member
Post #: 8
Thanks for the info Heather. I look forward to gaming with you sometime. Everytime I have an opportunity to come to one of GAMES' Meetups I am disuaded by the fact that I would be in rush hour traffic in a manual trasmission show car.
A former member
Post #: 3
Thanks for the invite. My husband John and I usually go to Denny's on Fridays. We usually play spades or another card game. We are old and some of the instructions alone for those fancy games go past our bedtime. We would be interested in some card games. I do have to insist on being able to contribute to the feast though. I look forward to your input. And if cards aren't your cup of worries
A former member
Post #: 24
Hi Patrick. Where do you live in South Phoenix? I'm moving near Paradise Valley Mall and would like to come when the group's not playing Euro games. I like party games ( Scrabble & Rummikub are my favorites ) and card games. Hope to meet you and the wife soon!
A former member
Post #: 9
Ruth, Unfortunately I am nowhere near Paradise Valley Mall. That is probably about 35-40 Minutes from me. I don't play party games at all with my gaming group. It is always Euro Style Games although some of them are lighter games that really aren't all that complicated. You will notice too once you learn a few you will catch on to others quite quick.

Debbie, I don't play any traditional card games. Now if by card games you possibly meat "Dominion" or "Thunderstone" of "7 Wonders" then yeah I play those kind of card games. I always encourage people to broaden their gaming horizons by trying new types of games. However if you just aren't up for that I wish you the best.

The following is a list of some of the games I play pretty regulalry. While I am always up for a new game I am up for new games that are of the same style of the one's listed below. If you haven't heard of any of these games or if you aren't willing to learn them you probably won't have much fun at my gaming group.

Some of the games my group plays are Alien Frontiers, Carcassonne, Dominion, Princes of Florence, Stone Age, Fresco, Puerto Rico, Settlers of Catan, Ticket to Ride, No Thanks, For Sale, Incan Gold, Tikal, Colosseum, Finca, Cuba, Empire Bulder, Rail Baron, Age of Empires III, Carcassonne, Power Grid, Arkham Horror and many more of this same type.

I would imagine that the party gamers and the card gamers would really enjoy one of the above listed games called Carcassonne. It is super easy to learn and is what I consider a light, euro style party game. You can check it out on Board Game by clicking HERE.

I look forward to hopefully gaming with some of you!