addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
A former member
Post #: 22
Members,

Our dear friend and organizer Robert Silvera has suffered from a major stroke and is not doing very well at the moment.

Please send him your kind thoughts, and positive energy. As you know, he would love your good thoughts more then if you send flowers.

Robert is a beautiful person, who if you have had the chance to meet him you know you met someone who is sincerely kind, sensitive, thoughtful, exceptionally intelligent, and fun to be with!

Father, please look over our dear friend, and help him make a full recovery so that he can walk with us, teach us, and laugh with us soon.

Amen
Kris
user 6729156
Glendale, AZ
Post #: 65
I am so sorry this is horrible news. I will pray for him and I hope for a speedy recovery.
A former member
Post #: 24
I am so sorry this is horrible news. I will pray for him and I hope for a speedy recovery.

Thank you Kris. He has brought a lot to our lives. I hope you all get to meet him. smile
A former member
Post #: 43
I haven't met robert yet, soon though. My prayers go out to him from our family. Hope for a full recovery soon.
A former member
Post #: 9
Very sorry to hear about Robert -- sending healing thoughts his way.
A former member
Post #: 25
Thank you for your responses. If you would like, Gina suggested sending him a card.

The address is:

Robert Silvera
C/O Promise Hospital of Phoenix
433 E. 6th Street
Mesa, AZ 85203

A former member
Post #: 26
From the Club to Robert

https://www.onlineflo...­

Card:
We miss you on the trails
We miss you around the BBQ
We miss you in our lives!
Love Your Friends At
Hiking Camping & Equestrian Club
A former member
Post #: 45
How is he doing? Any new status updates?
Rose
user 11642765
Maricopa, AZ
Post #: 19
Robert - the same Robert that had so much trouble he had to go back at the Haunted Canyon hike??

What type of Stroke did he have? Who is caring for him? Where is he? Have them get a copy of
"My Stroke of Insight" (Dr Jill Bolte Taylor) immediately. It was written by a neuroanatomist who suffered a major AVM stroke, and it chronicles her experience as well as how she recovered. It also has a lot of detailed anatomical info that would help anyone in knowing what to do and what not to do to communicate and offer love and support to a wounded person.
A former member
Post #: 37
Robert is walking, talking, and coming to dinner!

I spoke with Robert Silva this morning. He is able to walk about three blocks now, and can drive and has use of most of his body! He will be at Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday, and is thinking of coming on the beginner hike on Monday for a short spell.

I am so glad he pulled through. Was worried about our friend. Seem's the love and prayers he needed were answered.