Arlington Ruby Message Board › Chef Training!
Nathan Harvey, long time friend of Arlington Ruby, wrote to let me know about a Chef workshop and there's a 10% off code with "meetup".
I'll get him on the schedule to come to Arlington Ruby in 2013 and answer whatever questions you have about Chef.
Here are the details:
This Chef Introductory Workshop is a hands on training class for getting
familiar with Chef for performing common automation tasks. By the end of
this workshop, you'll be able to:
* Set up a local workstation with Chef and connect to a Chef Server.
* Describe the steps performed during a chef-client run
* Describe Chef's Authentication Cycle
* Build Chef roles using the Ruby DSL
* Manipulate configuration through data in attributes
* Use Chef's search API for dynamic configuration
* List a number of additional resources that are available for help
Join us on Tuesday, January 15th for this one-day workshop and begin your
journey towards automation with Chef. This class will be held at
1101 Vermont Avenue Northwest, Washington, DC.
Registration and other details for the class can be found online at the
Don't forget to use promotional code "meetup" to receive 10% the cost of