Arlington Ruby Message Board › CGI(www.cgi.com) is looking for a Cucumber expert
|A former member||
3-4 Month Contract Opportunity with potential for Full Time Conversion for the right dev. Please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you are interested. The full job description is below.
Role: The Automated Tests Suite Developer (Ruby) is a technical and consultative role that will jointly work with our Agile coaches and project teams to develop the processes and techniques required for the creation of maintainable, reusable and efficient automated acceptance tests. This role will be hands-on, developing the framework (Cucumber/Capybara based) and acceptance tests (Gherkin) utilizing Ruby and Cucumber for projects, improving our Automated Testing framework and templates to work with different types of projects, and identifying technologies and tools to address gaps in our Automated Test Driven Development processes.
· Strong understanding of Agile principles and values
· Experience working closely with the project team in user story planning, user story development using Gherkin
· Experience identifying areas for testing improvement and working with the teams to implement appropriate agile QA practices
· Experience with cross platform and cross browser test automation in an agile development environment implementing ATDD with Cucumber
· Senior to expert knowledge using Ruby (1.9.3 and 2.0) to develop ATDD automated acceptance tests, with experience developing on (and for) both Windows and Linux environment
· Experience with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins/Hudson
· Experience working with Capybara, Capybara-Webkit, Selenium Web driver, PhantomJS
· (Desired) Full stack web development skills including experience with Rails, Rack, JS Frameworks like Backbone, Angular, Ember etc.
· Experience packaging code into a gem with platform independent (windows, linux) executable (binstubs)
· Enhance the automation framework by adding step definitions, helpers , cross browser and cross platform execution capabilities (Ruby)
· Work with team to fully implement our QA strategy, especially with regards to ATDD and automated acceptance tests
· Develop automated acceptance tests as a team member on key projects