Tzu Chi Great Love Preschool & Kindergarten in Virginia is currently looking for a full-time director to manage its school in Reston, Fairfax County. Director must be at least 21 years old and proficient in English and Chinese, has appropriate training and experience according to the Virginia State Department of Social Services.
• BA/ BS or ECE Units in Early Childhood Education
• 4 years of teaching experience in a licensed center group child care program with 15 semester units at an accredited college in early childhood education classes. Three of the required units shall be in administration or staff relations and 12 units shall include courses that cover the area of child growth and development; child, family and community; and program/curriculum.
• Operations Experience as a manager in a childcare setting or worked as a third level helping upfront in a preschool.
• Pediatric (infant/toddler) CPR and First Aid certificate and 15 hours of health and safety training.
• Child Care Director License issued by Virginia DFPS
Job responsibilities include:
Lead, direct, recruit, train staffs, and manage school operations to ensure quality program that comply with applicable law, regulations. Lead and facilitate the development of school-wide vision, goal setting and positive school culture that is aligned with Tzu Chi Philosophy of Humanity and Chinese culture. Ensure frequent communication between parents, students, teachers, and all other school stakeholders. Manage safe school program including emergency operations and student discipline. Maintain financial & school records, establish policy, program and budget. Develop and distribute monthly newsletter and yearly calendar. Plan ongoing marketing strategies and fill in as floating teacher or perform other duties as assigned.
Our center is typically open 5 days a week, 7am to 6:30pm.
We offer competitive wages and benefits based on experience and qualifications.
email address: JOBS@ US.TZUCHI.ORG