align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo
doug b
user 11309261
Grand Rapids, MN
Post #: 5
The day for this hike (check out March 19th on the calendar for more details) has not yet been chosen, but I would propose that it happens Friday Or Saturday. I think that I would be able to make it all day, Friday and at least half day Saturday.
Tom S.
user 9934634
Circle Pines, MN
Post #: 3
Hey Doug! I'm glad you folks are on top of this major undertaking. It's really tough for me to make meetings and such but I'll keep tabs via meetup and help out where I can. It would be really great if you could upload gps track logs to google earth or some other web based mapping system to see the new trail route.

Best,
Tom
Tom S.
user 9934634
Circle Pines, MN
Post #: 4
Please see the "Files" section of this meetup group for a Google Earth file (nct_chip.kmz) of the North Country Trail in the Chippewa National Forest. I was blown away the when I first saw this. Just fire up google earth and load the nct_chip.kmz file. Have fun. I have a similar file for the Superior Hiking Trail. I'm hoping we can do this for the arrowhead reroute project too. It's easy to do. The hardest part is getting the gps track logs.
A former member
Post #: 1
Monday the 1st or Tuesday the 2nd are the best days for me to come up.

Jessie Rideaux
A former member
Post #: 2
CHANGE OR PLANS: My surgeon put me in a boot until March 17. Due to this I will not be able to come up to hike/flag the route till after the 17th. I was thinking Monday the 22nd for a new date? What does everyone think about this?

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jessie Rideaux
A former member
Post #: 3
I can not make it the 19th...it is really hard for me to come up over the weekends because of my work schedule.
Could we do it the next monday? Or tuesday?