"Second Steel" is a performance project of the international performance collective Unlisted which visits cities across the world to use performance to investigate issues of urban space, working with both local and international artists to do it. In addition to exploring these issues, we also know how to throw a pretty decent party!
Unlisted last visited Belgrade, Serbia in 2012 to produce "Twice in a Lifetime." Now, in Pittsburgh, the team will be exploring "revitalization": why is it the Pittsburgh buzzword, locally and nationally? What does it really mean? Where are the gaps in Pittsburgh's revitalization narrative? Three original, site-specific performances in September will explore these questions and more.
On Monday, July 8, the Second Steel team is hosting a party and fundraiser at Wigle Whiskey. On the docket for the evening are:
- A space unveiling! The team will finally reveal the LOCATIONS of the three September performances.
- Video screening: Unlisted has been hard at work on a promo video, paddling the rivers in a canoe for footage and interviewing Pittsburghers about the city and revitalization. It'll be released for the first time at this event.
- Improv from the performers behind Arcade Comedy, the new Downtown comedy theater!
- A raffle with prizes from The Beauty Shoppe, Pitt Repertory Theatre, Wigle Whiskey, Zeke's Cafe, Trader Joe's, Arcade Comedy, Pittsburgh Center for the Arts and more.
- $5 Wigle cocktails!
- Music from DJ Chad is Rad.
- Plenty of chances for you to tell the Unlisted team what YOU think about revitalization and Pittsburgh...
It's guaranteed to be interactive and fun, with plenty of downtime for talking and sharing a drink, and it would be a great place for supporters of the arts to meet up and learn about new performance art coming to Pittsburgh.
Entrance is pay-what-you-can and any donations, plus 12% of the cost of drinks, go to support the FREE Second Steel performances in September. Thanks to Unlisted's Pittsburgh-based fiscal sponsor, New Sun Rising, all donations are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.
For more information, please visit www.theunlisted.org