addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Pittsburgh Cultural Arts Meetup Group Message Board › "Fat Kid Rules the World"

"Fat Kid Rules the World"

A former member
Post #: 325
LAST CHANCE!

10-25 is the deadline - we need 36 people in the next day to sign up!

This is a public event. Feel free to invite as many as you wish.

Please visit the website: http://www.tugg.com/e...­

I was listening to a podcast and Matthew Lillard was on. He's been in everything; you know the guy. This is his directorial debut. I wanted to see it, but it's not in wide release, so I asked them to show it just for us....they said sure!

Winner of the SXSW Audience Award, Fat Kid Rules The World is the story of Troy Billings, seventeen, overweight, and suicidal. Just as he's about to jump in front of a bus, he's saved by Marcus, a charming high school dropout/street musician. The two begin an uneasy friendship when Marcus enlists the musically challenged Troy to become the drummer in a new punk rock band. As Troy's relationship with Marcus grows, Troy's father becomes increasingly concerned about his son's new friendship.

Marking Matthew Lillard's (SLC Punk, The Descendants, Trouble with the Curve) directorial debut, and based on the bestselling novel by the same title (ALA Best Books For Young Adults, 2004 New York Public Library Books for the Teen Age), FAT KID RULES THE WORLD is a story for everybody who has ever needed to find their inner rock star.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.co...­

There is a minimum of 55 people who need to RSVP on the site above before the theater will guarantee to show this.