addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Pittsburgh Cultural Arts Meetup Group Message Board › Suggestions, Optional Gallery Tour, & Meeting tonight for "Madama Butterfly"

Suggestions, Optional Gallery Tour, & Meeting tonight for "Madama Butterfly"

Mark
user 8491195
Group Organizer
South Park, PA
Hope everyone is looking forward to tonight so I thought I'd send a final reminder with some suggestions

1) We have a great Meetup tonight with nearly 50 RSVPs --- but just wait until you see the performance!!

2) If you're already downtown or want to go early and are looking for something else to do before 6:45 PM, please see suggestion #6 below.

3) All the OPERAEncore tickets will be under your name to be picked up at the Benedum Box Office (next to the lobby)

4) If possible, please plan to meet at the Benedum lobby at 6:45 PM so we can mingle and attend the terrific pre-show discussion and colorful study guide about this opera so everyone can get some insights before they experience the heartfelt beauty of "Madama Butterfly"

Also, 6:45 PM is important for anyone wanting to buy tickets at the door; while the great OPERAEncore ticket/reception deal has to be done before 5 PM,  the only discount I can get at the door is my subscriber benefit of 15% off, so if you/friends want to buy at the door and try to save a little (to get the cheapest possible seats in the upper balcony), please be there at 6:45 PM -- because after that, we'll be headed into the pre-show lecture.

5) If you don't see the group in the Benedum lobby between 6:45-7 PM, please stop by the Pittsburgh Opera table (which handles subscriptions/group sales) inside the lobby where Randy Adams and others will be able to assist you. I will speak to Randy and other staff but they are already aware of the nice Meetup group attending this show.

So if you miss the group at 6:45-7 PM and you have an OPERAEncore ticket, Randy/staff will tell you where to go for the special reception during intermission after the First Act.

6) Because some people are interested in meeting before 6:45 PM or would like to have more time for mingling before the show -- please feel free join us for a little walking tour as we hit some cool galleries before heading over to the Benedum together

For those interested in a tour, please gather at 5:30-6 PM SPACE Gallery (802 Liberty Avenue) which is 1/2-block from Benedum.