Haven't made your New Years plans? Too late for everything? Boy, are you in luck!
Say goodbye to 2012 and welcome 2013 at a
Toga Party & Body Painting event!
When? December 31, 2012 - January 1, 2013, of course! Oh, what time? Our Founder says 6:00 PM sharp! or 7:00! or 8:00! or ...
(What time will it end?? Please ...!!!)
A few condiments, some wine--and maybe beer (or maybe not).
Event is free, but donations are--as always--greatly appreciated.
- Come along! Wear a toga if you like, or don't--optional as always. Wear--or don't wear--what you dare under the toga.*
- Help paint a body! (We'll use fluorescent paints that glow under the available black lights.) Or lend your own body to be painted! Or just watch.**
*As always at our events, togas (togi?) and nudity will be entirely optional. Street clothes are perfectly acceptable; typically, the majority keep their clothes on. So don't be afraid to attend just because you want to keep your clothes on; you'll have plenty of company.
**And as always, we will INSIST that all photographers respect others' wishes about being photographed. (No pictures MEANS no pictures!)
N.B. This event will likely involve nudity--full or partial, any or all sexes (really! we've had more than two!). Nudity will probably be later in the evening--and COMPLETELY optional.
And some remarks about body painting! (Yours truly, your humble servant The Organizer (Merely The Messenger) has been body painted numerous times.)
- MOCA-DC uses acrylic paint that washes off in the shower. Let the paint dry before you put your clothes back on, and what little gets on your clothes will almost always come out completely, if you launder promptly.
- If you think you might get yourself painted, consider wearing old, easily washable clothes, or bringing them to change into.
- And keep in mind, you don't actually need to disrobe to be painted; while most do go nude to get painted, many have done so in swimsuits or underwear, or simply had painted those body parts that are normally exposed.