The day prior to planning this event, I saw a large group of robins working
in my backyard. If they can approach Spring with life and vigor, then I am
positive plein air artists can also!
So accordingly, on the time and day indicated, I am planning a plein
air event with some social after at a local diner.
Here is the plan:
1) Meet at Dunkin Donuts. I will be leaving for Ash Creek
Open Space at 10:15am.
2) Proceeding to Ash Creek Open Space. Leave Dunkin Donuts by exiting right.
Take your first right and first left. That will be Turney Rd. Follow to the end.
Tell the guard at the shack you are going into the nature reserve. Upon his
granting permission, take a left and go to the end.
3) Meet at Nature Reserve. Lets collect ourselves at this second meeting point
and decide where we would like to do art. Options are a) the reserve itself b) the
marina c) the beach adjoining the marina. (If the weather holds, I might try
the marina.) We could split into groups.
4) What to bring? Drawing or painting material per your media.
The following are some thoughts.
a) pencil. charcoal, acrylic, oil, pastel
b) folding chair if you sit outside.
5) Weather considerations.
a) Cold weather - I will paint in the car and bring an old sheet to cover
the seats, along with paper towels. A small waste bucket facilitates discarding
used paper. Dress with an old shirt/jacket in case you paint yourself!
b) Warm weather - Dress in layers in case its chilly.
c) Snowstorms - The meetup will be rescheduled in the event of hazardous
6) Timing: Paint until about 1pm and then proceed to the diner.
7) Circle Diner: its at 441 Post Road, very near to the Dunkin Donuts indicated above. To get there, go back to Turney Rd, at the end, take a right. It will be on
your immediate right.
8) Share company, food, and time until 2:30pm or whenever per group interest.