Arts & Creative Cultural Events Message Board › Would anyone want to go to Rockport Mass and Gloucester??

Would anyone want to go to Rockport Mass and Gloucester??

A former member
Post #: 107
Hi,
if anyone is interested in going to Rockport Mass and Gloucester for a weekend let me know. If you have never been there, Rockport is a really cute small coastal town 2 1/2 hours from Hartford. It is above Gloucester. Lots of little shops in these old little buildings/ tiny houses. Artsy stuff from jewlery, to gem stones, country crafts, to touristy items. If you drive up the coast north more there is a beautiful quarry that I photograph, that is along the ocean. South of Rockport is Gloucester.......not much to look at, but that is where you can go on a whale watch excursion for 2 hours..........fun fun! I photographed 8 whales that came up to the boat........and when you get off the boat you can eat fresh fish in the area where the boats are, straight off the boats of the Gloucester Fisherman company! I could go to Rockport for the day, but you really need 2 days to do it all. Let me know. If alot of people wnat to go, we could rent a bus???? perhaps get discounts on the boat and motel rooms.