Arts, Culture and Technology Message Board › Job announcement
|A former member||
The Bard Graduate Center is a rapidly expanding graduate research institute studying the cultural history of the material world, but using an array of technological tools, from PowerPoint and Prezi through Adobe Creative Suite, to blogs, wikis and cutting edge exhibition software.
BGC is seeking a resourceful, self-motivated individual with experience in an academic setting as full-time Academic Computing Coordinator. The individual should possess not only strong technical skills, but should also be comfortable providing assistance and training to students, faculty, and staff and coordinating with technical staff in other departments. Leadership in strategizing for academic computing is especially desired.
Work with and provide support to the following departments: academic administration, events planning, library, publications, Visual Media Resources, and the Digital Media Lab. Primary responsibilities will include maintaining hardware and software and providing technical support to faculty and staff. In addition, some web design, and some network and web server management will be required.
The ideal candidate should have:
· 2+ years experience in an academic setting
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
· Ability to prioritize and execute tasks with time constraints
· Familiarity with both Mac OS X and Windows operating systems
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite
· Familiarity with Audio Visual technologies (public address systems, video/slide projectors, projection screens)
· Basic understanding of content management systems (such as Wordpress and wikis)
· Experience with Flash actionscript, HTML, and CSS.
· Experience with database and user interface design and programming
· Familiarity with Linux OS and APACHE web servers a plus
It is expected that this position will work closely with the Network and Systems Coordinator and the Administrative Computing Coordinator in a technology support team which reports to the Dean of the Bard Graduate Center.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, a CV, and the names and telephones for three recommenders to the following email address:
Deadline for Applying: May 1, 2010.
The BGC is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.