Arts New Mexico Message Board › Any interest in a cast paper workshop?

Any interest in a cast paper workshop?

A former member
Post #: 7
Learn to:
* Make your own paper casting projects like picture frames, sculpture pedestals, 2 and 3 dimentional
wall hangings and more.
* Pick the best papers and adhesives that are also the cheapest.
* Paint the castings for the desired look; even create stone looks.
* With a little practice you can broaden your field and add paper casting to your resume.
* I'll have photos of, and real samples of, paper projects to show, and demonstrate
the process.
* Minimum class size of 10. Cost: $ 7/pp. No date set yet; need to determine meet-up interest first.
* phone: 890-3931
rose marie m.
user 25335852
Rio Rancho, NM
Post #: 1
yes---interested--txs 4 offering such a workshop
A former member
Post #: 4
What supplies, if any, would we need to bring? I had to downsize my living situation a year ago and consequently had to get rid of most of my craft supplies so before I can say I would attend I'd need to know what I would have to bring. How long would the workshop be, a few hours or one whole day? I work M-F 8-5 so anytime after 5pm or on the weekends is best for me.

Susan
JuliaP
JuliaP
Albuquerque, NM
Post #: 5
Would love to do this!! J
Chris (Crista) W.
Crista
Group Organizer
Albuquerque, NM
Post #: 94
Geez Byron, thanks for the gret idea. And that looks like a YES!... so I'll add you as an event organizer (if you want?) and you can go ahead and post it. It's EASY - just start at the front page with "suggest a new meetup", and go through all the different catagories with the information you and attendees need.

Have a dam good time!
A former member
Post #: 8
What supplies, if any, would we need to bring? I had to downsize my living situation a year ago and consequently had to get rid of most of my craft supplies so before I can say I would attend I'd need to know what I would have to bring. How long would the workshop be, a few hours or one whole day? I work M-F 8-5 so anytime after 5pm or on the weekends is best for me.

Susan

S,
I'm shooting for about 2 hours for the class. If it goes over a little, I don't care. Supplies won't be needed.
This is more of a class, not a lab, where you would need lots of supplies. Paper casting is remarkably simple.
I will have the supplies I need because I will be showing the "process". However, you will need to take good notes, so bring P & P. I'll most likely pass out..............info sheets, too. This will most likely be a 7-9 pm (weekday) or 1-3 pm on a Saturday. As simple as this class sounds, you will be able to go home and start gathering and creating the next day. No kidding. Participation will be asked of the class just for them to get a feel of the process.
B
Martha
user 10243948
Albuquerque, NM
Post #: 2
I am very interested in making the cast paper for picture frames. That would be a great skill to acquire.
Let me know when you decide to set it up.

Martha
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi,
I joined and I am interested in this cast paper workshop.
Lana
A former member
Post #: 5
okedokey, sounds like fun! It's my birthday month so I told myself to find some alternate forms of celebration and this should fit the bill. biggrin
A former member
Post #: 9
Hi all,
I will likely give 10 days notice as to when and where this meeting will be; plus any other info I think you would need when attending.

See ya,
B