Arts New Mexico Message Board › Urge to organize? Or Socialize? Or promote your stuff?...

Urge to organize? Or Socialize? Or promote your stuff?...

Chris (Crista) W.
Crista
Group Organizer
Albuquerque, NM
Hi folks,

As much as I love being in charge of stuff... (HA! The feeling of power is a waning lust...) I want to remind EVERY member that you are invited to post events, shows, tours, films, calls for submissions, or a dinner party if you want - anything related to art or social networking for artists - to the Art's New Mexico web site.

When I took over admin on this group I did so because I enjoyed the tremendous creative and cooperative spirit of the members (then about 60 or so...) and while we have more than doubled that now, it seems the larger the group becomes, the less participation on that front - so I've decided to change the web protocol to allow ANYONE who is a member to post as an event organizer without pre-approval. (this privilege will be withdrawn on an individual or group basis if things get out-of-hand, like posting for non-arts related events, or personal items for sale, over-promoting, spam, fraud, etc.)

THIS IS YOUR GROUP! Please use it to post fun stuff like arts classes, show openings, artist calls, film screenings, poetry readings (in moderation...;-) free or low cost local music shows, etc, etc. Arts NM is open to you.if anyone else is interested in organizing events?,... especially the 1st Friday gallery walks (many galleries are having 2nd or 3rd Friday events as well) or easy to organize events like films or happy hour socials. Or if anyone is interested in taking over as primary "Organizer" for the group for a while?
I would be happy to hand over the group to another organizer as long as I am allowed to stay on as a co-organizer.

WHEN POSTING AN EVENT, THE ONLY THING I ASK IS to please go carefully through ALL the categories when creating the event post and be clear for folks about ALL the details. Include location, time, notes and details. If you want to get more participation, insert a photo or graphic image for your event. While doing this, please scroll down to the section entitled "Email Settings" and UNcheck the "Email organizers when member RSVPs" box - this eliminates a lot of (what I consider to be) unnecessary emails.

So... have at it. Enjoy, enhance, enliven!

If you need anything, call or text me at 505 440-6293.

Luv You All!