We are a small, but friendly group with events mainly in Ascot and Sunningdale. A variety of events are organised each month with a mixture of golf, kayaking, other sports, card games evenings, cycling and other local activities. Apart from in Ascot and Sunningdale, events are sometimes also held in Windlesham, and occasionally in other nearby areas (e.g. Wokingham and Old Windsor). Women and men of all ages are welcome at any of our events.
Our main events at the moment are:
• Golf (in Sunningdale, Windlesham, Ascot, or Wokingham and occasionally elsewhere - over 9 or 18 holes - with courses to suit novice or more experienced players (about once every 2 weeks)
• Kayaking (weekends and weekdays)
• Other sports (Table tennis, floorball and snooker mainly)
• Card games evenings - play or learn a variety of card games (about once every 3 weeks)
• Local activities (Sunningdale pub quizzes and occasional trips to see local plays)
• Cycle rides up to once a month (usually in Windsor Great Park or around/near Windlesham)
Occasionally events are joint with other groups to boost numbers.
There are a roughly equal number of men and women in Sports Socialising, and members are of various ages (although the most active at the moment are aged 35+).
Membership is currently free and there is no additional group fees to attend events (although members who have been inactive for a long time may be removed to keep organiser fees down* - meet-up fees vary depending on the size of groups). *See membership guidelines (under 'Pages' for details).
To join the group you need to show a current recognisable photo of yourself, along with your first name (not a made up name) on your profile. Your request will not be accepted without these. A photo helps event hosts to look out for you and helps everyone remember your name. Note: Photos and a few other details asked when you join are NOT available to non-members.
All members are encouraged to suggest and host events (and happy to add new subjects to the 'topics' list!). Please contact David G to discuss.