Asheville Comedy Fans Message Board › Changes in Asheville Comedy Fans

Changes in Asheville Comedy Fans

Art S.
user 13919054
Fletcher, NC
Howdy, folks! Thanks for being Asheville Comedy Fans.

I've decided to change the the group works, and I'm interested in your feedback.

What I've been doing in the past is making an effort to post ALL comedy events (even though I could never personally attend all myself), and if people signed up for a Meetup then I would show. I think this diluted the value of any specific show and created kind of a washed-out view of the comedy scene. I'll still let members know about all the local comedy events in a monthly calendar, but not all of them will be Meetups.

What I'm going to do instead is make Meetups for the bigger events and see if we can get groups together for them. There will be fewer meetups, but they should be more fun!

There will be some events I think would be perfect for Meetups but which I can't personally attend. For those, I'll send out a call for a host, and If we can get one we'll put a Meetup together. On those occasions I'll see if I can get comp tickets for the host and let you know whether or not that's part of the mix when I send out the request.

Also, starting January 1, there will be annual dues of only $2.00 for Asheville Comedy Fans. This will simply cover the admin costs. If we take in anything beyond Meetup's charge for having a group, it will go out in perks -- maybe free tickets or a bar tab for someone who volunteers to host a meetup, etc.

I'd love to hear your thoughts, and I look forward to making this a better group.

Best,

Art