Asheville's Rawfood Community Message Board › A collection of Raw Recipes from Raw Food Friends,Post Em Right Here!!!

A collection of Raw Recipes from Raw Food Friends,Post Em Right Here!!!

Chef N.
GarDinSprite13
Group Organizer
Arden, NC
Post #: 640
From Chef Olive...SWEET POTATO PIE
filling:
3 medium sweet potatoes (peeled and cut into chunks)
6 pitted date
1/3 cup raw organic honey
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2-3 oz walnuts ground
put the sweet potato chunks in alternately with the dates through a champion juicer. It works the same though a twin or single gear juicer. add the remaining items to a food processor and mix well. for creamier filling add a little water bit by bit. i like it chunkier and it tends to carry all the flavor. it could probably be smooth without the water in a vita mix or k tec. use what you got people, you've got the recipe.

crust:
the crust from the recipe is:
1 lb pitted dates
1 cup almonds
process dates and ground almonds in a food processor using the s- blade until mixture pulls away from sides to form a ball. press into pie plate with fingers. add filling
recipe from kathy dean and kathy smith

this is my favorite crust recipe and the one i used for the pie:
2 cups pecans (soaked, rinsed and dehydrated)
2 cup walnuts (soaked, rinsed and dehydrated)
1/2 cup organic golden raisins (i love chamberlins- they are soft and need no soaking- full of flavor that does not take away from any filling)
2 tablespoons of really raw honey (does not add any more contrasting flavors)
place nuts in a food processor and process fine,add remainder and process to tacky.
Note: because this is a dryer crust it shouldn't clump to a ball. i like it that way it reminds me a true cracker type crust. it is longer because you need to dehydrate the nuts, but do them ahead so you are prepared when the time comes. after all they are ready for a snack the way you should be having them.
Chef N.
GarDinSprite13
Group Organizer
Arden, NC
Post #: 641
Raw Mushroom Pecan Gravy

(a note.. if I made this again.. I would add more than 2 cups mushrooms.. because that's the rich flavor you enjoy the most.. the pecans are good.. but the mushrooms make it.. )

Ingredients:
2 cups pecans soaked 4-6 hours
2 cups water
1/2 onion (or Replacement ASAFOETIDA)
1 T poultry seasoning or more to taste
2 cups marinated mushrooms
(I added a few small cloves of garlic)

Directions:
Blend first four ingredients in the blender. Blend till creamy.. I would use half the mushrooms to blend till creamy, and then the other half to leave mildly chewy..
Add mushrooms and pulse. May warm to 105 degrees.

This recipe is awesome.. goes yummy on everything.. a great thanksgiving treat..
so.. you may think you made a lot.. but belive me.. you'll wish you'd made more..

Brookie -
Chef N.
GarDinSprite13
Group Organizer
Arden, NC
Post #: 642
Cheesecake recipe- "The Complete Book of Raw Food"
Ingredients
For the crust
2 c raw macadamia nuts
1/2 c dates, pitted
1/4 c dried coconut
For the cheese
3c cashew (soak 1 hour)
3/4 c lemon juice
3/4 c honey
3/4 c coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
pinch salt (optional)

Raspberry sauce
(froz raspberries)
1/2 c dates

process macadamia nuts and dates in food processor
sprinkle dried coconut on bottom of 8-9 inch springform pan
press crust onto coconut

make cheese, blend cashews lemon, honey, gently warmed coconut oil, vanilla, salt (if using) and 1/2 cup water, blend until smooth and adjust to taste

Pour mixture onto crust, remove air bubbles by tapping the pan on a table,
place in freezer till firm.
Remove cake from pan while frozen, place on serving platter, defrost in fridge

make raspberry sauce in processor with dates, until well blended..
dont put in blender otherwise the seeds become like sand..
Chef N.
GarDinSprite13
Group Organizer
Arden, NC
Post #: 643
Egglessnog
serves 2-4 people

Ingredients

1 cup cashews
1 cup macadamia nuts
4 cups water
Sea salt to taste
4-6 tbs. agave nectar
2-3 pinches of nutmeg

How to: Blend everything till smooth. Strain through a nut milk bag or cheese cloth. Dehydrate the nut pulp for later use. Drink up!

Pink Cranberry Cider

Juice of 2 oranges
2 tsp. orange zest
2 quarts cranberry juice (no store bought juice, must be juiced by you!)
4 three-inch cinnamon sticks
2 two-inch pieces fresh ginger, peeled and sliced lengthwise
honey or agave, to taste

How to: In a big bowl, combine orange juice, orange zest, cranberry juice, cinnamon sticks, and ginger. Taste, and add honey or agave if desired. Serve chilled or warm it up in a pot and serve warm. Make sure the heat doesn't go above 100 degrees F.

Holiday Dressing----- Sprouted Sunflower and Pumpkin seeds, Sprouted Grains, Parsley Sage Rosemary and Thyme, sea salt cold pressed Olive Oil Celery Onions Cranberry's Raisins, dehydrated onions. Blend, save celery and onion chop mix in by hand. shape into loaf top with cranberry's dried onions and Raisins Dehydrate one side then turn over to other side.
Chef N.
GarDinSprite13
Group Organizer
Arden, NC
Post #: 644
Oat Bran Cereal

by John

Ingredients

Organic Oat Bran (Can also use baby rolled oats, or even oats)
Organic Raisins (can add other chopped dried fruit)
Stevia- Powdered Herb
Cinnamon
Filtered Water
Maple Syrup (can substitute honey instead)

Instructions

Fill Bowl with Oat Bran
Add a handful of raisins (or other chopped fruit i.e.: apples)
Add a squeeze of the maple syrup or honey
Add Cinnamon to taste
Add a sprinkle of Stevia
Add filtered water as needed to firm

NOTE: No need to heat! Tastes delicious raw
Chef N.
GarDinSprite13
Group Organizer
Arden, NC
Post #: 645
quotePumpkin Bread
By RoseLee Calabro

1 c barley, soaked 2-3 days, be sure to rinse daily,(good)
2 C soft wheat, sprouted 1 day
1 1/2 C fresh pumpkin puree
1/2 orange
1 tsp. orange zest
1/2 tsp. ginger
1 t cinnamon
1/2 C dates
1/2 C raisins
1/2 C walnuts, soaked and chopped

Put 1 1/2 C barley, wheat mixture in the champion juicer using the solid plate along with dates. Puree pumpkin and orange and
add to the mixture. Add spices, raisins, and walnuts. Mix well, form into 3 loaves of bread and place on a tray with teflex
sheet in dehydrator at 105 degrees for 4 hours, remove teflex sheet and continue dehydrating for 4-6 hours or until moisture is
desired.
Chef N.
GarDinSprite13
Group Organizer
Arden, NC
Post #: 646
NIRVANA BARS
4 cups ground WALNUTS
1 cup ground CASHEWS, macadamias or almonds
1 cup SUNFLOWER and /or pumpkin seeds
1 cup DRIED COCONUT (optional)
1/2 cup raw carob powder (optional)
1 cup ALMOND BUTTER at room temperature
1/2 cup maple syrup, or AGAVE NECTAR
1/2 cup FLAXSEED OIL, or coconut oil
pinch of sea salt

I wrote in bold letters the ingredients that I used.
I am going to try them with maple syrup and coconut oil next time.
I used my vita mix to grind the nuts.
You could also use a vita mix to grind fresh coconut instead of using the store bought kind.

Toss the nuts, seeds, coconut, and carob powder together first. Whip the almond butter, sweetner, oil and salt together separately, (with a whisk, or in a food processor), or add directly to the nuts, and use your hands to mash all the ingredients together until the nut mixture is completely coated.
The mixture should be farly dry while you're working with it, so spend time really mashing it all together. If the mixture is too wet, it wont stand up in solid bars after refrigerating.
Refrigerate in a short, rectangular container for at least 3 hours, and then cut into bars, or spread on solid sheet and dehydrate until firm, them flip over on a screen , cut into cookies and finish dehydrating.
These are great warm, just out of the dehydrator!
Enjoy
Chef N.
GarDinSprite13
Group Organizer
Arden, NC
Post #: 647
Organic Kent Mango Cream Tart
(Raw)

For the Crust Process the Almonds and the Dried Coconut and Salt in a food processor until it becomes a fine meal. Add the rest of the ingredients and process again until it clumps together in a ball. Remove the dough and press it into the bottom of 4 4? tart pans with removable bottoms. Place these in the freezer to set while you work on making the creme filling to go inside it.

For the Filling Blend the ingredients in a blender until smooth and creamy. Take out your tart shells and with a spatula, fill each tart shell with the creme filling. Cover each tart and place in your fridge to set for 4-5 hrs. Once it is set, remove the wrap and place sliced fresh whole Kent Mango slices on top and serve. Lovely.

Ingredients

Crust

2 Cups
Almonds

1/2 Cup
Dried Coconut

1 TB
Coconut Butter

2 tsp
Lime Zest

1/4 Cup
Agave or Maple

1 tsp.
Vanilla Extract

1/2 tsp.
Salt

Filling

3 Cups
Fresh Kent Mangos

1/2 Cup
Coconut Butter

1 TB
Vanilla Extract

1 TB
Lime Juice

1/2 Cup
Agave or Maple

1/8 tsp.
Salt
Chef N.
GarDinSprite13
Group Organizer
Arden, NC
Post #: 648
CULTURED CABBAGE JUICE

To implant friendly lactobacteria in the colon and heal damaged mucus membranes of the G.I. tract, you need to drink about 1 and 1/2 cup daily of cultured cabbage juice. Here is how to make it. Fill blender with chopped green cabbage and add distilled water until about 2/3 full. (Do not use well water or tap water). Beat at high speed in the blender for one minute. Pour mixture into bowl and repeat with two more batches. Cover with Seran wrap or similar material and let stand at room temperature. After 3 days, the cabbage juice solution is ready to use. Strain the mixture to separate the liquid from the pulp. Place the cultured cabbage juice in refrigerator. Drink 1/2 cup of this solution diluted with an equal part of water 2 or 3 times each day. When your supply gets low, make second batch just like the first one, except, add 1/2 cup of the juice from the first batch to the second batch. Your second batch will be ready just 24 hours.

This process may be repeated indefinitely. Each serving contains several billion friendly lactobacteria. The lactic acid in the culture cabbage juice will purify the G.I. tract and kill most strains of fungi parasites and other pathogens.

You should drink this mixture until your stools float in the toilet bowl and are odor free. When that happens, you may lower your dosage of cultured cabbage juice to one serving each day as maintenance dosage. You may eat one cup of raw cabbage as a substitute for 1/2 cup of cultured cabbage juice.
Chef N.
GarDinSprite13
Group Organizer
Arden, NC
Post #: 649
MEET loaf.. :o)
I did 1 and a half of this recipe.. and I added some chopped zuccini..
if you dont want it to taste like so much nuts.. you can add more veggies.. put them in the food processor, you can add carrots, more celery, zuccini..

1 1/3 c walnuts

1 1/3 c sunflower seeds

1 1/3 c almonds

filtered water for soaking

1 T minced garlic (or Replacement ASAFOETIDA)

1/2 T celtic sea salt

1/2 c fresh parsley, chopped

1/2 c chopped celery

2 c Marinated Portabello (rinse and cut up mushrooms, soak a few tbs of olive oil, and a few tbs of amino's.. ) I put them in a glass jar.. leave them in the fridge till they shrivel up
(if you want the recipe a little more rich, do more than 2 cups.. ) the mushrooms really add a lot~ !

1 T chopped onion or Replacement ASAFOETIDA

1/2 T minced ginger

2 T fresh rosemary, de-stemmed and minced

1 T fresh tarragon, minced (I used sage instead)

1 c red bell pepper, chopped

1 T minced jalapeno

1 1/2 t cumin seeds, not powder (I used powder)

1/2 c olive oil

Soak sunflower seeds and almonds in enough water to cover for 2-6 hours. Soak walnuts for 1/2 hour. Drain and throw the nuts and seeds into a food processor with the minced garlic. If you have a Champion-style juicer, push them through with the blank plate in. Process until the contents develop a dough-like consistency. Add a dash of olive oil if the dough is too thick. Stir in the celtic sea salt, parsley, celery, Marinated Portabello, onion orReplacement Hing Asafatita , ginger, rosemary, tarragon, red bell pepper, jalapeno, cumin seeds, and olive oil. Mix well. On a solid dehydrating sheet (or a mesh one covered with teflex or parchment paper) shape the mixture into a loaf about 1 1/2 in high. Dehydrate till desired consistency..
I only dehydrated it for 2 hours.. but normally I would dehydrate for about 4-6 hours..

You can also.. cut into burger shapes.. and dehydrate till chewy.. probably a day or more..