PURPOSE AND AIMS
Thailand Motorcycle Touring (TMT) is not in the market of running guided tours, renting out or selling motorcycles, or organizing Meetups for profit.
The TMT website...
- provides FREE info and FREE functionality to Motorcyclists and Motorcycle Groups and Clubs in Thailand, SE Asia and worldwide
- allows the above to view, participate in, and promote and organize Motorcycle Meetups on the TMT website
- operates as a useful independent resource, publicizing, promoting Motorcycle Events which take place in Thailand and SE Asia
- shows you some places where you can rent a Motorcycle in Thailand
- shows you some of Thailand's best motorcycle roads
- informs you Biker parties, festivals, national holidays, events, etc
- shows you Motorcycle Meetup locations and Biker friendly places to stay, eat and drink
- guides you to other useful motorcycle related websites and motorcycle related businesses here in Thailand and SE Asia who can help meet your needs
- promotes and encourages motorcycling in Thailand and SE Asia to people all over the world in the hope that this will attract them over here, help them to fulfil their motorcycling dreams and ambitions, and at the same time benefit the local economies with an increase in tourism, jobs and revenue directly to people working in those countries in the motorcycle related businesses
- helps to raise money for local charities and needy causes
ORGANIZATION AND FINANCE
The TMT website is run and financed by motorcycle enthusiasts for the benefit of other motorcycle enthusiasts.
The TMT Organizer is responsible for...
- scheduling of TMT Meetups requested by TMT members
- monitoring the TMT Message Board for abuse
- monitoring the use of the TMT Mailing List for abuse or spamming of TMT Members
The Creator and Organizer of TMT is Robin Hill...*** information on Robin will be posted here shortly ***
THE "MEETUP" CONCEPT
The "Meetup" nature of the site is ideally suited to Members, Groups and Motorcycle Clubs being able to use it to...
- get in touch with other bikers and organize meetings, day trips and tours, etc
- list regular meeting places, eg. public or private places where biker groups and motorcycle clubs meet regularly
- facilitate the development of motorbike communities in and around Thailand and SE Asia
So, amongst other things you can view this site as a members run motorcycle events social calendar.
VIEW, PARTICIPATE IN AND ORGANIZE MEETUPS
You can use the TMT website to view, participate in, or organize a Biker or Motorcycle Club meeting, day trip, or tour, and you can...
Suggesting a Meetup via the TMT Calendar will send a message to the Organizer to Schedule a Meetup on your behalf. The details of this Meetup Event may
be sent to other members via the TMT Mailing List
, but will be listed on the TMT website, and posted on the TMT Calendar for all to see.
So, anyone viewing the site, whether member or not, will be able to see the details of your Meetup Event and see which TMT members have RSVP'd yes/no/maybe.
If you are a TMT Member you will be able to participate with a "Yes/No/Maybe" to let other TMT members know whether you are planning to attend or not. This gives you and everyone else a good idea of the number of people who are interested and who will actually be attending the event.
ADDING TMT MEMBERS AS FRIENDS
If you add your Motorcycle Club/Group members as "friends", then you will be able to send them an email via the TMT website even if you don't know or can't remember their email address.
THE ADVANTAGES OF BECOMING A TMT MEMBER
As a TMT member you will be able to...(please note that anyone abusing these facilities or using the TMT Mailing List to spam members
will run the risk of being banned as a TMT member and will thus lose the benefits described above)
Any person who wishes to sponsor the TMT website and/or the TMT members may do so, for example by...
- Providing a public place for TMT Members to meet where TMT members will get a discount on food and drink
- Supplying samples to distribute to TMT members at TMT Meetups
- Offering free or discounted services to TMT members
- Giving discounts or coupons on products to TMT members
- Donating money to TMT to support the costs of the TMT website
- Donating money to TMT which will be handed over on behalf of TMT at one or more of the many motorcycle charity events which take place here in Thailand (thus helping to promote the TMT website)
The benefits of being a TMT sponsor are...
- You / your business will get recognition as a TMT sponsor
- You / Your business will be be listed on the TMT website under "Our Sponsors" section on the TMT Home Page, with the option to include an image and hyperlink to your website
- It's a neat and cost-effective way to provide you / your business with a positive PR image and promote you / your business to a target market
PROMOTING THE TMT WEBSITE BY PROVIDING A LINK FROM YOUR OWN WEBSITE
If you would like to provide a hyperlink to the TMT website from your own website, then go to the TMT photos
, select the TMT badge logo and copy the code from the caption text and insert it into your web page.
This will insert the following TMT badge logo image which will be click-able to take the user directly to the TMT website homepage...
Finally, I hope that you will find the TMT website useful and will help us to make the site more informative and useful by uploading photos, posting information on the TMT Message Board, and using it to arrange Meetups of motorcycle events in your area.
- Please note that in accordance with the spirit of the internet in providing free and open information we would ask that you do not request to hold copyright protection of any of the information, photos or files which you upload to the TMT website