PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE ASKING FOR MEMBERSHIP:
>>> WHO this Group is for:
I founded this group to meet people who ALREADY share an interest in ASIA ( culture, people, languages, philosophy, mindset). Food here is only a pretext to be together and get to know each other to talk about Asian culture, in a sprit of respect for cultural diversity and openness to others and the world.
This group is deliberately targeted to a specific kind of people with the following requirements.
- Asians, of every country;
- non-Asian people who have travelled to at least 1 Asian country;
- people who have an interest in a concrete aspect of Asian culture ( language, sport, business, etc);
- people who are friendly, openminded and respectful of any diversity;
- people who are clever enough to look at their own culture with a critical stance where necessary and with an open mind, free of prejudices, towards other cultures.
>>> WHO THIS GROUP IS *NOT* FOR:
- people who have not travelled to at least 1 Asian country;
- people who have never travelled out of their own country, city or region;
- people who do not have any concrete interest in Asia, Asians and Asian things;
- people who are not used to meet up with foreigners in general and find difficult to empathize/connect with diversity;
- people who do not speak at least a basic English. English is needed to interact;
- people who approach others assuming that their own culture is superior or better;
- people who like to fuss and complain for the sake of it, even when they are given from before the option to accept or reject the way the meetups are organized;
- people who are not friendly and have no sense of humour;
- people who lack basic manners and/or etiquette and are not able to behave with others in a respectful way; you will be asked to kindly leave the event in case of inappropriate behaviours;
- people who have social or cultural prejudices;
- people who are just randomly looking for company and join a random meetup and have no interest in Asia - Barcelona offers many instances of eterogeneous groups so I suggest to look elsewhere.
- people with too tight budget restrictions: it is possible that a dinner may cost from 15 up to 25 euro on average per person, within the average prices of Barcelona city center.
ORGANIZATIONAL INFO - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE
Organization will be very casual, flexible and NO-PROFIT for the organizer.
Dinners will be scheduled for a maximum of 10-12 people to make groups interactive and waiting lists willl be organized accordingly.
Everybody will pay for its own food or, if group agrees, we can decide to share equally the bill. Please DO state your preferences from before under this respect, to avoid complaints later.
The meetup events will have indications of the restaurant where dinner will take place. Please check the website and the pricelists before, in order to make sure everything is ok for your tastes and budget.
Please always check before leaving your place to attend the event if there has been any board message or change of details for urgencies, issues or force majeur.
Please update your attendance in case you cannot come as it means trouble for the organizer and the restaurant to have to undo a big table if people are not anyways coming.
Dinners will be usually reserved with a table in my name. Walk inside the place and ask for table reserved in the name of Camilla, take a seat and mingle with the other comers, regardless I am there already or not, in the unlikely case any major force issue kept me on my way.
People looking for general encounters, please check the other meetups in BCN to avoid your disappointment later.
606 Flamenco Lovers
3,793 Friends of Culti Group
Saturday, Dec 28
Wednesday, Jan 08
333 BCN Badmintonistas
Sunday, Dec 22
881 Expat friends
Monday, Dec 23