If you RSVP for this event and later know that you can no longer attend, please have the courtesy to change your RSVP to "Not Attending" as soon as you know. Thank you!
EVENT MUST KNOWS:
• We will meet in the lobby of the restaurant shortly before 10:30 am. Please don't be late. We have reservations, but would like to order promptly.
• We will be dining "Family Style." The food bill will be split evenly among all attendees. Attendees will be responsible for paying for their own alcoholic beverages. Please note that flexibility is an important part of family-style dining, and if you want to take a chance on attending, you have to be amenable to what the group will order. You don't have to eat everything that is ordered, but everyone pays equally, whether you eat everything or not. The goal for family-style dining is to allow for the entire group to sample as wide a variety of dishes as possible. If one or more attendees choose to order on their own, that limits the group's choices, which defeats the purpose of what Family-Style Dining is all about. If this definition of Family-Style Dining doesn't feel comfortable, this may not be the right type of event for you.
• Cost per person is expected to be about $25 - $30, depending on how much food we order (especially if we order the House Special Crab), plus any beverages, tax and gratuity. Please bring at least $50 in CASH (small bills preferred) to settle your portion of the bill.
• Seafood Village has received an average rating of 3.5 stars out of 5.0 from over 200 reviews: http://www.yelp.com/biz/seafood-village-rowland-heights
• Parking is available in the shopping mall where the restaurant is located. Street parking is also available. Be sure to read the street signs for any parking restrictions, especially if you have to feed the meter, or if you're parked in a restricted area.
Had dim sum here twice and think it's the best dim sum I've had in the East San Gabriel Valley (all points locked in between the 605 to the west, the 57 to the east, the 210 to the north and Colima Road to the south), especially with the ability to have the House Special Garlicky Crab at just $2.99 a pound. However, only the 1st crab is sold at $2.99 a pound. Additional crabs are sold at $9.99 a pound. With 10 to 11 people per table, we will need to order at least 2 crabs per table.
This place serves dim sum priced mainly at $2.48 per dish. Specialty dim sum dishes such as congee, Chinese broccoli in oyster sauce, etc. cost between $3.28 and $8.68 per dish. In addition, they also have Lunch Specials at $5.38 and $7.38 a plate, so if we're in the mood for some sauteed shrimp or deep fried sole, we have that option. Brace yourselves though. We're going here for the food. Unfortunately, service here is just an after thought at the very best.