Jun 22, 2014 · 5:30 PM
This location is shown only to members
All right. So, in driving by Red Hot Kitchen last week, it appears that they have shuttered as the front doors were bolted with locks on a Saturday afternoon. However, lucky for us, a relatively NEW Sichuan (or Szechuan) restaurant has just opened in nearby San Gabriel only 7 weeks ago. So, let's go over there and check out their food. By the looks of the pictures on Yelp, the food looks mighty tasty and spicy!
• We will meet in front of the restaurant shortly before 5:30pm. I will try and get a reservatione.
• We will be dining "Family Style." The food bill will be split evenly among all attendees. Attendees will be responsible for paying for their own alcoholic beverages. Please note that flexibility is an important part of family-style dining, and if you want to take a chance on attending, you have to be amenable to what the group will order. You don't have to eat everything that is ordered, but everyone pays equally, whether you eat everything or not. The goal for family-style dining is to allow for the entire group to sample as wide a variety of dishes as possible. If one or more attendees choose to order on their own, that limits the group's choices, which defeats the purpose of what Family-Style Dining is all about. If this definition of Family-Style Dining doesn't feel comfortable, this may not be the right type of event for you.
• Cost per person is expected to be about $20 - $25, depending on how much food we order, plus any beverages, tax and gratuity. Please bring at least $40 in CASH (small bills preferred) to settle your portion of the bill.
• Parking is available in the private lot of the mini-mall where they are located. Street parking is also available. Be sure to read the street signs for any parking restrictions, especially whether or not you need to feed the meters, if you are parked at a meter space.
• So far, they have received an average rating of 4.5 Stars out of 5.0 on Yelp: http://www.yelp.com/biz/chongqing-restaurant-san-gabriel However, one must heed a bit of caution as there is one review that alleges that the management is bribing customers to post very positive Yelp reviews. Well, we will soon find out!