Chengdu Taste, Sichuan restaurant famous for its toothpick lamb and its 1-2 hour wait, and their off the menu specials. Let's stop in for dinner and find out what the "secret" menu is all about.
Being a first timer, I'll let Yelp guide us in our selection. Looking at the pictures posted on Yelp, the food looks so tasty and I can't wait to try them all ;) I like what I see! Nom! Nom!
So if you're up for some tasty and hot-spicy food, hop on board and join me!
Here are some of their items I'd like to try:
•Toothpick Lamb with Cumin
•Diced Rabbit with Younger Sister's
•Tan Tan Mien
•Cold Noodles with Garlic Sauce
•Kung Pao Crawfish
•Smoked Tea Duck
•Chengdu Fried Rice
•Fish Filet with Green Pepper
•Green Pepper Potato Strips
•Flavored Pork Curua (braised pork)
• We will meet in front of the restaurant shortly before 5:00pm. I will try and get a reservation.
• We will be dining "Family Style." The food bill will be split evenly among all attendees. Attendees will be responsible for paying for their own alcoholic beverages. Please note that flexibility is an important part of family-style dining, and if you want to take a chance on attending, you have to be amenable to what the group will order. You don't have to eat everything that is ordered, but everyone pays equally, whether you eat everything or not. The goal for family-style dining is to allow for the entire group to sample as wide a variety of dishes as possible. If one or more attendees choose to order on their own, that limits the group's choices, which defeats the purpose of what Family-Style Dining is all about. If this definition of Family-Style Dining doesn't feel comfortable, this may not be the right type of event for you.
• Cost per person is expected to be about $20 - $25, depending on how much food we order, plus any beverages, tax and gratuity. Please bring at least $40 in CASH (small bills preferred) to settle your portion of the bill.
• Parking is available in the private lot. Street parking is also available. Be sure to read the street signs for any parking restrictions, especially whether or not you need to feed the meters, if you are parked at a meter space.
• Yelp: http://m.yelp.com/biz/chengdu-taste-alhambra