This event is for all the LA Transplants that don't have family in town or any place to go to share a Thanksgiving meal with family or friends. We got you... LA Foodies can be part of your family. I was always in charge of roasting the turkey or other big piece of protein, but this year, with both my folks now gone, I too am now a Thanksgiving Orphan. So I'll roast up a nice fat turkey or maybe I'll smoke it... Will I do it Asian style with soy/sesame oil or will I prepare it with rosemary and herbs rubbed on the inside and under the skin? You are just gonna have to join us to find out.
If you don't have a better offer, join us in giving thanks to everything we do have. And let's share in some happy times, make new friends, become better friends and be thankful we are living in an amazing time.
If you can attend, please comment what you plan to bring in the comment box when you RSVP so we don't get 6 fruitcakes or massive duplication. Side dishes such as sweet potatoes, veggies, salads, mashed potatoes (no box stuff please) and of course desserts are certainly welcome.
What to Bring: Your potluck dish, BYOB favorite beverage,Optional: blanket, frisbee, board game, folding table, camp chairs
All are welcome to attend.
- UPDATE 11/20 ~ What others are bringing...
- Darrell ~ Roast Turkey & cranberry sauce
- Mark ~ HAM (yeah!)
- Allison - Mac & Cheese
- Wilson - Stuffing
- Diana ~ Candied yummy yams!
- Adit ~ pasta salad
- Billy ~ Something organic
- Wakana ~ Spring Rolls
- Furfr ~ Green bean casserole & Jello
- Brigitte ~ Pumpkin dessert ~ pie, cookies
- Sudha ~ Home made Samosas
- Krystyn “A Large green salad (with Italian and blue cheese dressing) and some fresh bread from a local market/bakery). I will bring some plastic utensils, and plates, napkins"
- Naia ~ Cucumber salad
- Ari “MEDITERRANEAN SALAD OR HUMUS WITH PITTA BREAD.”
- Kevin - Wine
- Sarah ~ Dessert
- Mary Murphy ~ Apple and pumpkin pie w/whipped cream
- Victoria ~ cupcakes/brownies
- Ron ~ Sweet potato pie & wine
- Sheila ~ Dessert
- Ming ~ Lemon meringue pie & wine
- Marielina ~ Dessert
Looking awesome friends!!! This is gonna be a great Thanksgiving Meal!!!
Please re-rsvp and then post your dish in the comment box (if you haven't already done so) so everyone can see what you are bringing. Don't post in the followup question as only I can see the dish